Word of the Day, April 5, 2017, Hebrews 10:24-25

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 5, 2017

“ Arise! Let the church arise. Let love reach to the other side. Alive come alive. Let the song arise.”

Hebrews 10:24-25

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

How do you feel about going to church? Are you excited or is it just another event on your calendar or even on your calendar? So I will confess first. When I was younger, I used to tell my parents when they wanted me to go to church that you can worship GOD anywhere so no need to go to church. Even after I was saved, I still wanted to go to church if there was not a duck to shoot, a job to do that I had to do in my mind on Sunday. I was always choosing self and what I wanted to do. I would miss church for months during duck season and when I did make it, I was sleeping standing up singing the last song before the Pastor started to preach. I even began to sit in the last row of our church, way up at the top so that nobody could see me asleep. OK, your turn now. J

Paul in his letter to the Hebrew Christians tells them to not forsake assembling together (church). He also tells us to exhort one another and so much more, to worship together and to love and to do good works together.

We all need one on one time with GOD; however, we all need to assemble together also. We need to praise Him together and I will add not just on Sunday but ever day of the week. Jesus said For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Do we drive to church with the right heart, praying for the preacher man, the worshipping team, the volunteers, the nursery workers, our brothers and sisters and those that need a touch, our love and that the lost hear the Word of GOD? Do we walk into church with a smile and a joyful heart? Do we just walk in and sit down in our seats or do we say hello, reach out to someone that we know that is going through a tough time, introduce yourself to a visitor or greeting our fellow Christians?

My wife says that I am the most happy and excited on Sunday Morning, Tuesday Night Prayer and Wednesday Night Church Service.

So if you’re church attendance is down or your attitude is wrong as you head to church, making GOD a priority, your thoughts will be on Him and Sunday will also become a priority. We become a member of the family of Christ when we become active in our church. I can tell you from experience what a true church family can do for you during a trial. They become the light like Christ is the light. They become the love like Christ loves us. They are there for you like GOD is there for you.

My church is about Loving GOD, Loving People, Serving Others and Telling Everyone about the gift of salvation. Why would I not be excited about going to church?

“ The Church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord, She is His new creation by water and the Word. From heaven He came and sought her to be His holy bride; with His own blood He bought her and for her life He died.”

Timothy P. Furness