Word of the Day, April 6, 2017, 1 Peter 3:15

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 6, 2017

“ I am standing, standing on the Word, though the earth change and decay, it shall never, never pass away. I am standing on the Word of God.”

1 Peter 3:15

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

As my youngest daughter and I drove to church last night she was telling me about her bible study from the night before that they talked about witnessing to someone and she said that a lot of the girls that were at the bible study said that they sometimes do not tell people about Christ because they are afraid that they might get asked a question that they do not know the answer to. Last night, our Pastor preached from 1 Corinthians 4 and also spoke about this same issues for a lot of Christian.

Why is this a problem for us? As believers, we all want to love the Lord right? We all want to serve the Lord right? We all want to tell someone else about the gift of salvation from our Lord right? We all want to be more like our Lord each and everyday right?

So how do we do this? For me, it is by getting into His Word daily and by being in a relationship of prayer with our Father GOD daily.

First, we need to believe the Word of GOD: Christ Jesus said this Himself in the Gospel of Matthew.

Matthew 24:35: 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

2 Timothy 3:16: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 2:15-16: 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Romans 12:2: 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 5:39: 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Acts 17:11: 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

As I shared with my daughter last night, we need to be in the Scriptures so that we can understand GOD’s Words to be able to share them and to live by them. The Bible tells us that GOD’s Words are profitable, for reproof, for correction, every lasting, that we are to rightly divided them, that they will renew our minds, that we are not to be ashamed by GOD’s Words, to lay up His Words in our heart, to open our eyes as we read His Words, not to be conformed to this world, to put on the whole armour of GOD, to take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of GOD, to be doers of the Word, to know the truth so that it may set you free, to forget not My law, to open our eyes, to be ready to give an answer, a readiness of mind and to search the scriptures daily.

Here are some results from a recent study of Christians in America.

“ We've released new research as part of the Transformational Discipleship study that shows only 19% of churchgoers personally (not as part of a church worship service) read the Bible every day. That is roughly the same as those who responded "Rarely/Never" (18 percent). A quarter of respondents indicate they read the Bible a few times a week, and 14% say they read the Bible "Once a Week" while another 22 percent say "Once a Month" or "A Few Times a Month."

This is why we cannot share the Word of GOD with those that need to hear about what Christ did for us by dying on the cross and about GOD’s mercies and His gift of salvation. Many people believe only what they hear on Sunday morning at church from their Pastor or Priest and there is much false teaching going on because the Word of GOD is being changed for our religions. (Another WOD someday soon).

As I had to learn myself, we MUST be in the Word daily, reading, studying, teaching and living GOD’s Words in our lives. Jesus told us “ go ye therefore and teach all the nations.” We can only do this by reading His Words.

“ The B-I-B-L-E, yes, that's the book for me. I stand alone on the Word of God.
    The B-I-B-L-E.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Much of what is called Christianity today is nothing more than a label of what someone else has seen.

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

So true Brother David.