Word of the Day, August 1, 2017, Psalm 66:4

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, August 1, 2017

" Praise Him! Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the noontime. Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him when the sun goes down!

Psalm 66:4

4 All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

The past few Sunday’s at FBBC our Praise and Worship part of our Sunday service was filled with giving GOD all the glory. What a blessing to be apart of worshipping our Father GOD. This is how every Sunday should be praising our LORD and preparing us for the message the Holy Spirit has placed on our Pastor’s heart.

John 4:23-24: 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Psalm 95:6: 6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

Revelation 4:10-11: 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Do we have true worship with GOD on Sunday and everyday of the week? Jesus said that our Father GOD seeks such worship from us. Do we worship Him because we are just at church or are we worshipping Him in spirit and in truth each and everyday of the week?

When was the last time we kneeled before our LORD? I know that not everyone is willing to go to the alter, but this can be done at our own home, at a quite spot at work, or even in spirit if you can not get on your knees at that moment.

The Word gives us many examples of people on their knees praising GOD. The Elders fell down to worship GOD to give their crowns and to give Him glory, honour and power that He deserves as our creator for all eternity.

Psalm 86:9-10: 9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. 10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

Luke 4:6-8: 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

We need to ONLY be worshipping GOD, not our gods. We cannot serve GOD or manna. GOD is great, awesome and a mighty GOD we serve and we shall worship the Lord thy GOD forever.

Psalm 7:17: 17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Revelation 11:16-17: 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

When we worship GOD, we need to sing praises unto His name, giving thanks and thanking Him that He was, He is and He will always be. Praise the LORD each and everyday singing unto His glorious name.

“ Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!”

Timothy P. Furness