Word of the Day, December 11, 2017, 2 Timothy 2:19-26

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, December 11, 2017

“ I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold; I’d rather be His than have riches untold; I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands; I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand. Than to be the king of a vast domain rr be held in sin’s dread sway; I’d rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today.”

2 Timothy 2:19-26:

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Good Morning to all! Hope everybody had a great weekend and got to a good Bible preaching church Sunday. If you are not in a reading plan for 2017, I want to encourage you to start on January 1 and read through the Bible in a year. Truly a blessing to understand GOD’s Word.

What is the foundation of GOD? How about truth and faithfulness, unshaken and can never be overthrown. The foundation of GOD standeth sure. If we call ourselves a Christian, we must depart from iniquity. What does iniquity mean? Immoral or grossly unfair behavior. We can explain it also as crookedness, or perverseness. We need to be on the right path rather than a path of perversion. For those that do not, He will say, “ I know you not.”

GOD can and will use of for His glory. It should be our desire to be a noble vessel of gold for Him by cleansing ourselves of earthly lusts and sin. We are to flee our youthful lust but to follow righteousness, faith charity and peace. We are to do this with other men or women that call upon the LORD with a pure heart.

Righteousness is those things that are consistent with the character of GOD. Faith is the belief in GOD’s word and Charity is volitional love, given regardless of the recipient’s worthiness. Peace can only come from above.

Verse 25 speaks of repentance. This refers to the conviction that will proceeds genuine faith in Christ Jesus. In meekness, we are to proclaim the Gospel, the truth. However we are not to rudely but rather gently, kindly and humbly when correcting those that oppose. As teachers of Christ’s truth, we are to tell the truth but with kindness, patiently explaining GOD’s truth.

The only hope is that the providence of GOD may recover them from the snares of the devil. He is strong, but not as strong as GOD is. We need to repent and acknowledge the truth, it only by Christ Jesus that we can be removed from eternal life in the lake of fire.

GOD has granted us all, the Gentiles even unto the Jews the privilege of repentance. I think that Paul’s ideal here is that GOD, peradventure, can grant these opportunities for repentance instead of delivering us from the hardness of our heart to death. This chance can only come from repentance, by choosing Him instead of us. Choose Him this day.

“ I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God. I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.”

Timothy P. Furness