Word of the Day, December 14, 2017, Galatians 5:19-25

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, December 14, 2017

“ You are God alone. From before time began. You were on Your throne. Your are God alone and right now. In the good times and bad. You are on Your throne. You are God alone.”

Galatians 5:19-25

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The Bible mentions many specific actions and attitudes, Vices or Virtues that are either right or wrong. I’ll ask you and me to review our own lives today.

Here are some examples of vices that I am sure that we all know about or even done some of them. These are neglecting GOD and others. Impurity, lust, hostility, quarreling, anger, sexual immorality, selfish ambition, dissension, arrogance, envy, murder, idolatry, drunkenness, wild parties, sorcery, cheating, adultery, homosexuality, greed, stealing and lying. Paul tells us that if this is our way of life, that we shall not inherit the kingdom of GOD.

The virtues become a by-product of living for GOD. Love GOD, Love People, Serve Others and Tell Everyone is a good start. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, faith, meekness, temperance and goodness are all attributes of living for GOD.

The fruit of the Spirit is the spontaneous work of the Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Ghost produces these character traits that are found in the nature of Jesus Christ. We can’t get them on our own but only with the help of the Spirit. If we want the fruit of the Spirit to grow in us we join our life with His. We must know Him, remember Him, imitate Him and to love Him.

I believe a desire to live in the spirit and to walk in the Spirit is the right path to growing closer to GOD. The by-product of Godly virtues is that we can serve the kingdom with a loving heart. A question for all of us to ask of ourselves. Are we being influenced by vices or virtues in our lives?

“ More of You, Less of me. Make me who I'm meant to be. You're all I want all I need. You're everything. Take it all I surrender. Be my king. God I choose, more of You, less of me.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Amen. Life outside of the Spirit leads to death. For many they think being in the Spirit is like living in the excitement at a ball game or opening gifts at Christmas. This is a tragedy in the church. The Spirit gives life the flesh counts for nothing......

3. duckme

duckme Elite Refuge Member

After reading these words I find that I haven't arrived yet. Still struggle at times with sin nature. Sanctification is still at work in my life. It is good to have hope and know that someday my sin nature will be put to rest.

4. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Amen Duckme that you know this. However if you know Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then all you past, present and future sins are forgiven.

1 John 10 says, " If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

Turn to Christ and through Him he can change yours and mine hearts.

Remember, as believers, we still need to confess our sins to Him alone.

1 John 1:9 says, " If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

AMEN!

5. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

duckme I haven't either. Be wary of the man who says that the struggle of sin is over. We are in enemy territory. Once we are called home our struggle will be done. God's holy people in an unholy world. It will change.

duckme likes this.