Word of the Day, December 5, 2017, Isaiah 55:9-10

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    Word of the Day, December 5, 2017

“ It goes beneath the deepest stain that sin could ever leave. Redeeming souls to live again. Who will on Christ believe, will believe. Oh, the love of God is greater far than gold or silver ever could afford. It reaches past the highest star and covers all the world.”

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Are you ever at point in your life were you do not understand GOD’s ways or will? Do you ask GOD what He is doing in your life because you just have no ideal what and why something is happening that you can’t understand why?

GOD has a simple answer for those times. 3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3. The part we forget is that GOD knows everything and is everything.

Romans 8:31: 31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

If we would just trust the Word of GOD and have faith in Him at all times and understand the answer is right in front of us. As a believer, I need to recall every time things are going wrong or right in my life that GOD “ be for us.”

Romans 8:35-37: 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 6 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

I’ll just say this; we are more than conquerors through Him that loves us…. Ponder that for a bit.

1 Corinthians 10:13: 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Psalm 34:19: 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

GOD is faithful and will always provide a way to escape. He will deliver us out of our trial. Trust in Him!

Psalm 55:22: 22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

So when you have burdens in your life we often call family or dear friends right? If we have a personal relationship with Christ it should be Him that we turn to casting all our burdens unto the LORD, right? I guess the first step is to make sure that relationship exists and is growing everyday. Call upon the name above all names, Jesus Christ.

Psalm 18:30: 30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

There are four key words in this verse. Perfect, Tried, Buckler and Trust. We just need to remember these words at all time. GOD is perfect. The Word of the LORD is tried. GOD is our shield, our buckler surrounding us and if we trust in Him, He is GOD!

So when you are not sure of what is going on in your life, turn to Him, seek His Word, drop to your knees and trust Him for GOD is perfect.

“ O Lord you brought us from a mighty long way, a mighty long stay in the wilderness. O Lord You brought us through the thick and thin, through the fire and wind to a better place. You brought us out, to bring us in. Out of chains and the bonds of man. Out of death, and the curse of sin, through the desert sand, to the promise land.”

Timothy P. Furness