Word of the Day, February 23, 2017, Mark 14:61-62

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, February 23, 2017

“ Chose you this day. Tell me who will you serve. Let nothing stand in your way. Give the praise He deserves. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Mark 14:61-62

61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

As I have studied the Word of GOD over the last few years, I have often picked a subject and then research all the verses about the subject. I remember a man named Frankie in Canaan asked me if Jesus was truly the Son of GOD. I took him to many verses and showed him where Christ called Himself The Son of GOD. I am going to let the Word of GOD speak and not I. Today will be a little bit of Bible reading if you are up to it.

John 5:25: Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:18: Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus said three times, categorically, that He was the Son of GOD. First one is listed above in Mark and two times in John.

John 9:35-37: Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

John 10:36: Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jesus repeatedly used words and expressions about Himself that can be true only of GOD. Here are some examples.

John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:9: I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture

John 6:35: And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 11:25: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 4:25-27: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 8:58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

This is an amazing statement. Can you image sitting and listening to Jesus during one of His sermons and He says, “ Before Abraham was, I am.” That might be a hard one to follow at first. This might be beyond our reach of conception. Think about what He said because He was eliminating the passage of time and combining and reconciling the past and future into one Eternal Now.

John 17:5: And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 14:9: Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Matthew 28:18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 28:20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Here is the one for me. Who else could have said such things about Himself if it was not true.

John 10:30: I and my Father are one.

I guess it is really simple for me, He is the Son of GOD or He is not and He was filled with delusions of grandeur. Seek Him in your life today. We must choose, the world or Jesus Christ, Our LORD and Saviour.

“ There are no words that I can say, to glorify the greatest name. When others are ashamed to say, I will still proclaim you're a mighty God.”

Timothy P. Furness