Word of the Day, February 26, 2018, Genesis 4:8-9

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    Word of the Day, February 26, 2018

“ Once on a hillside, people were gathered for Jesus had risen and soon would ascend. But then as He blessed them, He rose to the Heavens and He gave them this promise: He'd come back again. We shall see Jesus just as they saw Him. There is no greater promise than this. When He returns in power and glory. We shall see Jesus. We shall see Jesus.”

Genesis 4:8-9

8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

I have been silent for a few weeks on this subject of the mass school killing in Florida. First of all, still praying for the families that lost someone dear to them, for the shooter and his family, for the leaders of the State of Florida and our gov’t during this time of tragedy.

We can all speculate about gun control would have stopped this from happening or future shootings. We can say the same for mental issues and how they played a part in this tragedy. We can say it is video games and movies that help teach our children to become mass murders.

All may be true. However, I believe that it is all based upon sin and our sinful nature and that we as a country have walked away from GOD. We took GOD out of the schools yet we want to bring Him back in prayer after an event like this. We have taken prayer and His Word out of school yet we call for His peace and comfort during this tragedy with spoken scriptures. We have taken GOD out of our families and home, yet we call upon Him during this time of sadness for the lost of these 17 people. We have even been taking GOD out of our churches with false preaching, feel good preaching, discarding GOD’s scriptures and only picking the verses that we like and changing the ones we do not like.

Man has been killing since the first brothers Cain and Abel. Nothing has changed today. Nothing will change tomorrow until Christ comes again. We have used stones, knives, swords, fire, water, animals, poisons, guns, vehicles, bombs, planes, drugs, medical procedures like abortions to name a few.

We need to change the hearts of people and not the tools they use to kill. I do know this that Cain did not use a gun, yet he still “ rose up against Abel his brother and slew him.” It is always a heart issue when we sin. When GOD asked him where his brother was, Cain replied with a smart mouth response: “ Am I thy brother’s keeper.” No one wants to take responsibility for what is the real issue then and today. We have it backwards from what Christ told us; “ He must increase, but I must decrease.We think that we must increase and Christ must decrease and we wonder why the world is the way it is today…

The only way to change our hearts is by Christ Jesus and accepting Him as our personal Lord and Saviour. Become a new creature through Christ today. What we need is Christ in our lives. A husband and wife that know Christ, that love Him first, to love each other like Christ loves them, kids that are raised with the Word of GOD taught within the home and for churches to come back to Christ. The church needs to be the one that helps the lost, the fatherless, the widowers, the downtrodden, the addicted, the prisoners, the maimed, the homeless, the forgotten children and the poor.

It’s simple, LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE OTHERS and TELL EVERYONE about Christ Today. Ask Him into your life today, seek Him daily, giving Him all the glory and see how your world can change today and tomorrow with Christ Jesus in your lives. Come Lord Jesus!

“ Come Lord Jesus in Your glory. Come and fill this place. Come and have Your way among us. As we seek Your face, when we lay our cares before You may our striving cease. As we worship and adore You lead us to Your peace. Come Lord Jesus my Redeemer.”

Timothy P. Furness
    bsr1 likes this.