Word of the Day, February 27, 2017, Hebrew 4:16

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, February 27, 2017

“ I've fallen farther than I have ever been Lord, I long for Your embrace. Can You take me in? Take me back again to that place where I am whole in You. Until I find myself in all Your glory. Until I'm weak enough to seek Your strength. Until I know that I am held by mercy. Until I am closer, closer than I've ever been.”

Hebrews 4:16:

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

As I have written the WOD for almost 4 years now, I have had many people reach out to me and share their life or trials or needs with me. They often share what is wrong in their lives and that they are not right with GOD, have walked away from GOD or even know who Christ is.

In the past month or so, I have had a few men reach out to me and after praying for them I always ask them if they know Christ and His saving Grace. I often share how Christ changed my life and He to can change theirs.

John Wesley says this about Hebrews 4:16: “ Let us therefore come boldly - Without any doubt or fear. Unto the throne of God, our reconciled Father, even his throne of grace - Grace erected it, and reigns there, and dispenses all blessings in a way of mere, unmerited favour.”

No matter what is going on in our lives, we can go boldly to GOD with our prayers, our seeking of His forgiveness and His mercies. Christ loved us yet while we were still sinners. He died for our sins.

If you don’t know Christ, He is waiting for you to seek Him, to lay what ever is going on in your life at His feet. Go boldly to Him, giving it all to Him. Have no doubt or fear, Christ will welcome you into His arms and with a sincere heart, tell Him everything, asking for His grace and mercy and you shall be saved. This grace is available for our help in our time of need. Boldly seek Him, Boldly trust Him, Boldly rest in Him and Boldly follow Him.

“ Over the mountains and the sea, Your river runs with love for me, and I will open up my heart and let the healer set me free. I'm happy to be in the truth, and I will daily lift my hands: For I will always sing of when Your love came down. I could sing of your love forever.”

Timothy P. Furness