Word of the Day, February 28, 2017, Psalm 48:14

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, February 28, 2017

“ When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow, in humble adoration, and then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art! "

Psalm 48:14

14 For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

In a world filled with confusion, GOD promises to guide us if we are willing to follow. I talk to so many people that have no real guide in their life. I was there once, my god was waterfowling. My focus was myself. I had no focus on what was right. I know have a guide, someone to lead me, to direct me, to teach me, the Holy Spirit that indwells within me.

Isaiah 42:16: 16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah is speaking here about the Gentiles. GOD will lead us by a way, by the way of truth. The Gentiles did not know about GOD, it was hidden from them and Isaiah prophecies about all the hindrances they have that will be taken away from them to open up their eyes to GOD to guide them to the right path, the right way.

Proverbs 16:9: 9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I have learned over the years that when Tim gets in front, or if I make my decisions without prayer or seek guidance from above, then things usually get messed up. I take the wrong path, the wide path to destruction.

Proverbs 11:5: 5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

When I am directed by the Holy Spirit, it will be perfect, but when I allow the wicked into my life or I was wicked myself, I shall surely fall. My father gave me good wisdom by telling me to stay away from bad people and I am sure a few other fathers and wives said the same thing about me. But that can all change with Christ as our guide in our lives.

Proverbs 3:6: 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I have a dear friend say to me that GOD is not doing anything for him when he prays. My question to him is are you acknowledging Him in all your ways? GOD promises that if you do, He will direct your path. He will guide you. Read verse 5: 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

I was once a guide for waterfowl hunting here in NY State. I was trained, licensed and had experience of waterfowl hunting for over 25 years of being afield or on the water daily. There were many days were my customers had to trust me to guide them, first with safety to and from the spot, thru some of the worst weather and storms that approached out of nowhere, to know when to call it quits and to get them home safely. I also was looked to produce quality hunts and to be success with putting them on birds. I had to prepare for this daily.

We must do this with our relationship with GOD if we want to be guided. He is our guide, His word leads me, teaches me and let’s me know Him more.

Psalm 37:23: 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

I want to be a good man for GOD, a servant for my Lord, a man that is lead by the Holy Spirit and not by my flesh and me. I want GOD to be delighted in me and to hear well done my good and faithful servant. Seek His wisdom, seek His guidance today, seek His instructions, seek His righteousness and seek His acknowledgement. Let Him direct your path. Let your steps be ordered and directed by the Holy Spirit. Let Him give you sight from the darkness into the light and let Him be your guide. O Father GOD, guide me please.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! ”

Timothy P. Furness