Word of the Day, February 7, 2017, Jeremiah 33:1-3

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, February 7, 2017

I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised so shall I be saved from my enemies. I will call upon the Lord. Hosanna! Blessed be the rock. Blessed be the rock of my salvation.”

Jeremiah 33:1-3

1 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

2 Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;

3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Have you ever had a pity party for yourself or down in the dumps so far that you do not know how you will get out? Do we think we have it worst than anybody else does? Do you think this is more than you can handle? Do you wonder how things can change? Guess what, there is an answer, a solution, a way out and that is Jesus Christ.

I have experienced in my Christian life that some of the best preaching, best examples; best testimonies; the best life changes come from trials in our lives. I can surely speak of this in my own life.

Jeremiah is imprisoned and learns for the first time of the captivity to the people of his land into Babylon under King Nebuchadrezzar. The Israelites had again turned their backs to GOD, hearkened not to receive instruction from GOD; building up the high places of Baal and they set their abominations in the house of the LORD to defile it.

GOD then tells Jeremiah His promise in 32:37-40: Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely: And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Then a second time GOD speaks to Jeremiah while still in prison, saying call unto to me and GOD promises that He will answer and show us great and mighty things. We may not understand or know what GOD has planned for our lives, but He promises to show us if we call upon His name.

No matter what is going on in our lives, GOD is there if we call upon Him. It may not be what we want or think how something should go for us, but He will get you through your trial in His manner that if we are willing can be used for His glory. Your prison you are in, no matter what it is, if we desire to continue to Call Upon Him, may just be used to touch someone else’s life and bring them to Christ. Our rewards are not here on this earth but stored up in heaven.

Psalm 150: 1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

We need to praise Him on the mountaintop, the plains and even in the valleys of life. No matter what is going on in our lives, just remember to praise Him and call upon His name.

“ I Believe God. I believe His word is true. For I have seen what He can do when I call upon His name.... I believe God, so let the world say what they will. I will choose to serve him still knowing He will never change. I believe God.

Timothy P. Furness