Word of the Day, January 1, 2018, Proverbs 30:5

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 1, 2018

" Prince of Peace. Perfect Healer. All my life, all my cares on you. King of Kings. Mighty Savior. All my life, all my cares on you.”

Proverbs 30:5:

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Happy New Years to all in The Year of the LORD, 2018. We sang a song yesterday in church from Elevation Worship. The song is titled “ I Will Look Up.”

As we sang this song praising Christ Jesus, these words made me think about how with Jesus in my life in the past, has changed me and how in the future, with faith I know GOD is there through it all and is able to do all and use me for His glory. I am yours Abba Father.

“ I will look back and see that You are faithful. I look ahead believing You are able. Jesus, Lord of all. Jesus, Lord of all.”

New Years Eve is often a day that we reflect on the past year and see the good or the bad that has happened this past year or things we want to change. Do we ever look back for the past year or even years and see how faithful GOD has been in our lives? Do we see the blessing that He has bestow on us? Do we see answered prayers? Do we see were GOD stepped in and took over for us? Do we see were what happened can only be explained because GOD did it? GOD has been so faithful in my life though I do not deserve it. I see it and give thanks to You Father GOD, my shield and in whom I place my trust.

New Years Day is a day to celebrate the New Year and often we make New Year’s resolutions with promises to ourselves as to how we are going to change and become a better person. Let me share this with you today. The only One that can keep their promises for eternity is GOD the Father. We will not complete them, we will fall short of them and we will surely forget about them far to soon. Do we look ahead to 2018 believing that You GOD are able or that I am able? I look ahead knowing You are able.

Here are a few verses that GOD’s tell us that He is faithful, renewing, marvelous, making a way, making a new way, renewing our spirit, making a new creature through His salvation, hearken among us, loving us, abundant mercies, our portion and hope.

Isaiah 40:30-31: 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 98:1: 1 (A Psalm.) O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

Isaiah 43:19: 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Ephesians 4:22-24: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

2 Corinthians 5:17: 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Jeremiah 29:11-12: 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

Deuteronomy 7:13: 13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Proverbs 23:18: 18 For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

1 Peter 1:3: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Lamentations 3:22-23: 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Romans 5:5: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

So I thank GOD for the past and I have faith in my future with Him. So my goals for 2018 are simple: To Love GOD more; to Love People more; to Serve Others more and to Tell Everyone even more about how His gift of salvation through His Son, Christ Jesus changed my life.

“ Oh what a savior. Isn't He wonderful? Sing hallelujah, Christ is risen. Bow down before Him for He is Lord of all. Sing Hallelujah, Christ is risen.”

Timothy P. Furness

duckme likes this.