Word of the Day, January 14, 2019, 1 John 1:3

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 14, 2019

“ From the rising to the setting sun His love endures forever. By the grace of God we will carry on. His love endures forever. Sing praise, sing praise. Sing praise, sing praise. Yeah Forever God…”

1 John 1:3

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Do we believe that there is a fellowship of peace, of concord, of eternal life in glory first with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ, and second with our fellow brothers and sisters of the church of believers?

John tells us in verse 7 of chapter 1: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I have sweet fellowship every Tuesday night with our men’s prayer group. It is the best night of the week for me. We declare the Gospel of Christ in songs, in a message and in sweet prayer with my fellow brothers in Christ. Paul writes in the Book of Ephesians 5: 2: 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

He continues in verse 19 of the same chapter telling us to 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;. In verse 30: Paul is speaking of Christ: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Paul share this again in Colossians 3:16: 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. It is a blessing to be around people that let the word of Christ dwell in them. My wife tells me that I am always excited on Sunday morning. I can’t wait to worship and fellowship with my church family. That was not always the way it was in my past for sure.

The Book of Malachi says this in 3:16: 16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Psalm 55:14: 14 We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

Stop for a second and think about this verse. David was complaining of his fearful case against him. It was not his enemy, his foe, but a man, his equal, his guide and his acquaintance, his friend and brother in the LORD that took counsel together and walked into the House of GOD together. Have you ever done this with a fellow brother or sister in Christ? What a blessing to have this kind of fellowship with one another.

In the Book of Acts, when the Apostle were starting Christ’s Church, Act 2:42, 46-47 shares this with us. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Paul’s letter to the Romans in chapter 15:5-7 gives us wise counsel: 5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Before my trial, I was always willing to help out someone but only at a small cost to me. After seeing my brothers and sisters in Christ love me and my family, praying for me and my family, taking care of my family and all their needs, it showed me what it was like to be loved like Christ loved us, to have a family of believers that had a burden to take care of their brother and sister in Christ. I read this verse by Paul to the Galatian church as if I had never seen it before. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6: 2, 10.

I now have that same passion to be Christ like, to my brothers and sisters in need. Not only during a trial or a time of need but daily in prayer, in fellowshipping and worshipping the great and powerful GOD Almighty together. Our church motto says it all for me, Love GOD, Love People, Serve Others and Tell Everyone.

I’ll let the Word of GOD continue to speak and will finish with Hebrews 10:24-25: 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

“ Let the worshippers arise. Let the sons and the daughters sing. I surrender in my all. I surrender to the King.”

Timothy P. Furness