Word of the Day, January 16, 2018, Proverbs 16:13

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 16, 2018

“ Change my heart oh God. Make it ever true. Change my heart oh God. May I be like You.”

Proverbs 16:13

13 Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.

I was reading in my daily reading today in the Book of Proverbs. A book full of wise sayings of what we should do or not do. There are many verses about the tongue, about the words we choose, what we say can hurt and destroy and about our own choices not giving GOD the glory. Do we speak truthfulness? Do we speak with a fowl mouth? Do we speak with words that our mother would be proud for? Do we speak for the glory of GOD? Are our lips righteous or not?

I have notice as I have spent time with people lately that every other word is taking the LORD’s name in vain and swearing like a drunken sailor. I listen to people complain, talk about people and put them down and tell us how they are right all the time about everything and everybody else. Most of these people are lost but guess what, some of these people claim to be followers of Jesus Christ.

The sad thing is that these people are lost and they just don’t know what they are doing is truly wrong. However, it happens with professing Christians also. Guess what, that was me also in the past. I could curse with the best of them, tell dirty jokes like I should be on the road as a professional comedian and I could talk about anybody at any time and could complain about anything in a second. That change when I truly allowed Christ into my life.

We all know the saying that our actions speak louder than our words. Go on any social media and see what people say or their pictures or what they are liking or following. Christians in bars holding up beers or drinks, dirty jokes or sexual content, liking things I would not show my mother or my Pastor. One post quoting Bible verses and another post that shows them not being Christ like. Are we allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us or our own flesh? This is what non-believer sees or hears from us and we become a stumblingblock for people not to see Christ in us.

I’ll ask these two questions and I’ll end for today. As nonbelievers and believers, do we know that taking the LORD’s name in vain is a sin? The second question is for believers. How does GOD get all the glory out of any of this unrighteous talk and actions?

“ Search my heart and search my soul. There is nothing else that I want more. Shine Your light and show Your face. In my life, Lord have Your way.”

Timothy P. Furness