Word of the Day, January 17, 2017, John 15:7

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 17, 2017

“ Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to thee. Take my moments and my days; let them flow in endless praise, let them flow in endless praise.”

John 15:7

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

“ I pray- I speak to my Father. I read-my Father speaks to me.” This is a quote from Andrew Murray’s book titled With Christ in the School of Prayer. “ Before prayer, reading GOD’s words strengthen you by giving your faith its justification and its petition. After prayer, GOD’s Word prepares you by revealing what the Father wants you to ask. In prayer, GOD’s Word brings you the answer, for in it the spirit allows you to hear the Father’s voice.”

Is our prayer a dialogue, a conversation between GOD and you? Do we listen to GOD’s voice as we pray and read? Are we listening? Are our ears open to hear Him? Remember, GOD speaks to us as well as we speak to Him.

Isaiah 55:3: 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Daniel 9:18: 18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

Am I willing to listen to GOD speaking to me? Are you willing? When GOD is speaking, He gives Himself, His love, and His life, His will and His power if we are willing to receive His words.

Andrew Murray says this: “ In every promise, GOD gives us the power to grasp and posses Him. In every command, He allows us to share His will, His Holiness and His perfection. GOD’s Word gives us GOD Himself. That Word is nothing less than the eternal Son, Christ Jesus. Therefore, all of Christ words are GOD’s word, full of a divine, quickening, life and power. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.”

John 1:1-2: “ 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.

So Christ tells us if we abide in Him and His words abide in us, He will be there for our needs. The conditions are clear and simple right? His will is revealed and His will rules me. Christ gave us a promise, believe it today!

“ What if His people prayed and those who bear His name would humbly seek His face and turn from their own way. And what would happen if we prayed for those raised up to lead the way then maybe kids in school could pray and unborn children see light of day.”

Timothy P. Furness