Word of the Day, January 19, 2017, Colossians 1:3-4

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 19, 2017

“ All hail the power of Jesus' name! Let angels prostrate fall; bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all.”

Colossians 1:3-4

3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

The Word of GOD is filled with praying. How to pray, whom to pray for and to pray without ceasing. Paul gives us examples on how to pray for other believers. We need to lift up our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ daily.

I would encourage you to read Colossians 1 today. Paul tells us to be thankful for other believer’s’ faith and their changed lives. He shares with us in verse 9 to ask GOD to help them know GOD’s will. Wisdom of what GOD wants for them. I write about wisdom and understanding often. Do we know the difference? This is something I read when studying the Word of GOD, “ Wisdom is an accurate perception into the true nature of things and Understanding is the skillful application of this wisdom in practical situations.” We need to ask GOD to give our brothers and sister’s spiritual wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Paul shares in the letter to the Church in Colosse in 1:10 to pray to Father GOD to help other believers to live to honor and to please Him. This verse expresses the reason that Paul wants the Colossians to obtain knowledge of GOD’s will. I believe that it is to live right (walk) and fully pleasing and giving the glory to GOD.

A preacher man that came to preach to us shared with us verse 10-12 and what a worthy walk is. Paul writes, “ that ye might walk worthy of the LORD.” It consists of the following four actions on our part. The first duty is to be fruitful in every good work. He followed with the second example to be constantly increasing in the knowledge of GOD. The third trait is to always strengthened with all might and the fourth action is to get in the habit of giving thanks both for the pleasant and the unpleasant experiences in life. A wise preacher man for sure.

Paul gives us another request to pray for other believers by praying to GOD to give them strength for endurance and patience in verse 11. I’ll stop right here and ask that you if you would pray for this one for me, that I continue in my walk with Christ and “ strengthened with all might according to His glorious power “ to increase His kingdom.

Colossians 1:11-12 explains how we are to ask GOD to fill other Christians with joy and thanksgiving. Paul is thanking the Father and giving thanks for the saints.

As Christians we often struggle with how to pray for other Christians that we don’t even know like other pastors, missionaries and leaders. Guess what, when Paul wrote the letter to the Church of Colosse, he had never met them and he was in prison in Rome when he wrote to them. However, he faithfully prayed for them and His prayers gives us examples of how to pray for others.

Today, let’s pray for the saints that we know and those around the world that we don’t know and to understand that they are part of GOD’s kingdom. Father GOD, I want to pray for the saints of your kingdom to get understanding of Your will, to gain spiritual wisdom, to honor and praise You. I ask that they are able to produce every type of good fruit and to learn your Word, apply it to their hearts and to preach it to the world today. Father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we pray for them to be strengthened with Your glorious power, to have great endurance and patience that can only come from above and for them to be filled with joy and peace and that they remember to give praise and thanks always to you, our GOD. Amen!

“ At the cross At the cross I surrender my life. I'm in awe of You, I'm in awe of You. Where Your love ran red and my sin washed white. I owe all to You. I owe all to You Jesus.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

Marty I will pray for you. Thank you for the daily devotion!!!!!

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for reading Lab Man and for the prayers even more.

Tim