Word of the Day, January 23, 2017, 1 John 4:9-10

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 23, 2017

“ To God be the glory, great things he hath done! So loved he the world that he gave us his Son, who yielded his life an atonement for sin, and opened the life gate that all may go in.”

1 John 4:9-10

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

I want to start out your Monday morning with the greatest news ever. GOD loves us. Ok, we all say that GOD is love and that we should love everybody but do we really understand GOD’s love towards us.

He sent His only begotten Son into this world to die for us so that by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour, we shall live through Him eternally.

John 3:16: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do we ever stop and ponder this verse? He gave His only begotten Son. First, what is the meaning of begotten Son? The Greek word is monogenes meaning only, one and only and only begotten. The second thought about this verse is that He sent His only son to die for our sins. I will ask this question, would you send your son to cover my sins, a stranger’s sins, a rapist’s sins, a murder’s sins, a thief’s sins, a pedophile’s sins or a liar’s sins? GOD sent His son to die on the cross to cover every sin, past, present and our future sins if we accept Him.

I believe there is no sweeter verse in the entire bible. I declares that GOD is love, that He loved the world instead of hating it, that he so loved that He gave His Son and that Christ came to keep men from perishing, but have everlasting life if we choose His only begotten Son. Seek GOD’s love today by seeking His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus.

“ The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell; It goes beyond the highest star, and reaches to the lowest hell; The guilty pair, bowed down with care, God gave His Son to win; His erring child He reconciled, and pardoned from his sin. Oh, love of God, how rich and pure! How measureless and strong! It shall forevermore endure—The saints’ and angels’ song.”

Timothy P. Furness