Word of the Day, January 23, 2018, Luke 23:39-43

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 23, 2018

“ I lay down my life and take up my cross Jesus. For You are my God. Whatever the cost Jesus. For You, Jesus. All to Jesus I surrender. All to You I freely give. I will ever love and trust You. In Your presence I will live.”

Luke 23:39-43

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Verse 42 and 43 are some of my favorite verses throughout the Bible. If we are just willing to ask and surrender all, Christ says that we shall be with Him in Paradise forever. I could end today’s WOD with just letting you read and ponder these two verses. However, you know me…:)

One of the criminals mocked Christ by saying if you are Christ, then get yourself down from these crosses. The other thief on the other cross my have not known who Christ was before that moment, but he surly knew who was hanging on the cross between them the moment he said, “ remember me.” The thief knew He was GOD and in His presence on that hill called Calvary. He made a choice that day asking Christ into his life.

So speaking from my own personal experience I will ask all of us a question today. Do we have to wait till we are hanging on a cross to accept Jesus Christ into your life? Do we have to wait till we are knocking on death’s door? Do we have to wait to loose everything till we seek His forgiveness and ask Christ as our Saviour and Lord? I did.

Philippians 2:10-11: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

We have a choice that will need to be made before death. Do we choose Christ now or will you bow before Him at the final judgment: The Great White Throne Judgment and receive eternal life in the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-15: 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the bookof life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So I’ll finish with this question. Are you the criminal that mocked Christ or the one that asked Him for His forgiveness? You must choose! Seek Christ’s forgiveness, seek Him as your Lord and Saviour, believe that He rose from the grave and call upon Him to save your through His gift of Salvation.

“ I've been ashamed. I've been put down. Head in my hands. My life on the ground. You left heaven to save, Liars and thieves. Sinners like me. Your blood sets us free.”

Timothy P. Furness

bsr1 and DTHUR like this.