Word of the Day, January 24, 2017, Psalm 139:23-24

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 24, 2017

“ Search my heart and search my soul. There is nothing else that I want more. So with all my heart and all my soul, With all I am, Lord, I will follow You.”

Psalm 139:23-24

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

David praises GOD for His allseeing providence in Chapter 139. He asks GOD to search his heart, to try him and to know his thoughts. Sometimes we need to stop and just give it all to Him and to clear the wicked thoughts out of our mind and heart. This is part of my daily prayer to my Father GOD.

We need GOD as the searcher of our hearts, the tester of our lives, the reader of our mind and heart by opening up to Him completely. The LORD knows us thoroughly and we are truly strangers to ourselves. We need to pray and desire to be searched by His word and Spirit.

Psalms 139 contains truths that were meaningful to David during his troublesome time. I think his main thoughts as he praises the LORD are that the LORD knows him, The LORD is with him, that the LORD created him and that the LORD’s causes are David’s causes. We could learn so much from David’s writings and to apply them to our lives.

If you take the time to read this short chapter, you will see the comparative attributes of GOD and the contrast human abilities with GOD’s divine nature. We all have knowledge, but only GOD has all knowledge. He is omniscience. We all have some presence, but only GOD has presence at all times everywhere. He is omnipresence. We all have some form of power, but only GOD has unlimited power. He has omnipotence.

Our response to these verses should be to surrender to GOD’s leadership because GOD is wise. He is able to protect us and He knows the true way to life with Himself in our lives.

David asked GOD to search for sin and point it out, even to the level of even testing his thoughts. How are we to know sin unless GOD points it out to us? When GOD shows us, we then can repent and be forgiven. I ask you to make these two verses your prayer today and each day. If we ask the LORD to search our heart and our thoughts and to reveal our sin, we will be continuing on “ the way everlasting.”

“ Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul. Worship His holy name. Sing like never before, O my soul. I'll worship Your holy name.”

Timothy P. Furness