Word of the Day, January 24, 2018, Revelation 21:1

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 24, 2018

“ We shall rise, Hallelujah! We shall rise! Amen! We shall rise! Hallelujah! In the resurrection morning, when death’s prison bars are broken, we shall rise, Hallelujah! We shall rise.”

Revelation 21:1

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The Bible is all one book or story of GOD, from Genesis to Revelation. The last part of the last book of Revelation reads like the close of the story begun in the first part of the first book of Genesis.

Today will be a bit of a Bible study and to see the wonders of His book I would encourage you to look up the verses below. One of my dear brothers in Christ always encourages us to take a topic and make a study of it within the covers of the Bible. Here is one of these studies for me.

The first words in Genesis are “ In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth.” Gen 1:1. In almost the end of Revelation the words say this: “ I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no sea.” Rev 21:1. Gen 1:10, GOD “ gathering together of the waters called he Seas:” and in the Book of Rev 1:1 John writes that “ there is no sea.”

In Gen 1:5, GOD called the darkness night and in Rev 21:25 darkness, night will never come because it will be day all the time. Gen 1:16 tells us that GOD made two great lights, the sun and the moon. “ The greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night.” Rev 21:23, John tells us that “ the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of GOD did lighten it and the lamb is the light thereof.”

We all know about the Tree of Knowledge in Gen 2:17 “ surely causing death” if Adam and Eve were to eat of it and in Rev 21:4 there shall be no more death in heaven. Gen 3:16 after they had eating from the Tree of Knowledge, GOD tells us that He will “ greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception ” and in Rev 21:4 GOD wipes away all tears, no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, no more pain and all former things are passed away.

In Gen 3:17b, GOD tells Adam because he hearkened unto the voice of his wife instead of GOD’s commands, GOD tells Adam that “ cursed is the ground for thy sake:” and in Rev 22:3, John was told, “ there shall be no more curse.”

In Genesis 3:1-4, satin appears as the deceiver of mankind and in Rev 20:10, “ the devil is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone… and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” Adam and Eve were driven from the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden in Gen 3:22-24. In Revelation 22:2, the Tree of Life reappears and all are invited to eat from it the twelve manners of fruits. Genesis 3:24 explains to us how mankind was driven from GOD’s presence and Rev 22:4 it is written that “ They will see His face.”

The final changes between the creation in Genesis and final glory of Jesus Christ in Revelation is this. In Genesis chapter 2, man’s primeval home was in a garden by a river that parted into four rivers and in the Revelation, the Apokalypsis, (Greek) Apocalypse (English) meaning an uncovering, the redeemed man’s eternal home will be beside a “ pure river “ flowing with the water of life, “ clear as crystal proceeding out of the Throne of GOD and of the Lamb.” in Revelation 22:1.

Hallelujah, Praise ye the LORD. Jesus is coming. It was His last recorded word in 22:20, “ Surely I come quickly.” Amen!

“ Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.”

Timothy P. Furness