Word of the Day, January 26, 2017, II Timothy 2:19

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 26, 2017

" Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty! All thy works shall praise thy name, in earth and sky and sea. Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty, God in three persons, blessed Trinity.”

II Timothy 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Do we believe that the foundation of GOD standeth sure? Please stop and think about that. I’ll give you a moment to ponder that. As I stopped and ponder what I just asked you to do, tears filled my eyes knowing that GOD is real, sure, solid and everything that is of Him standeth sure.

I believe that as Paul wrote to Timothy trying to assure this young Pastor that the foundation of GOD standeth sure refers to the permanence of the church, which is built on the foundation of the apostles. The seal guarantees the security of the body of Christ. Paul wanted to encourage Him to not be ashamed of his testimony and Paul exhorted Timothy to regards himself as a soldier in the mist of a hard fought campaign against the Christian faith.

The second part of this verse is something I thank GOD for each and everyday. He knoweth me because I am His. He knows my name and my desire is to depart from sin and I nameth Him as my LORD and Savior. This is my daily prayer to my Father GOD.

As Christians, lovers of Christ, we MUST depart from iniquity, we must part from sin and live our lives for Christ. This is my goal each and everyday. My GOD standeth sure. My GOD is an Awesome GOD!

“ Our God is an Awesome God. He Reigns from heaven above. With Wisdom, pow’r and love. Our God is an Awesome God.”

Timothy P. Furness