Word of the Day, January 3, 2018, Psalm 31:1-6

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 3, 2018

“ In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song. This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease! My comforter, my all in all. Here in the love of Christ I stand.”

Psalm 31:1-6

1 (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.

3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.

5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.

I meet with a man yesterday that does not know the LORD as his personal Saviour and we discussed his life and issues and I talked with him about my faith and trust is in Christ Jesus, not any man or woman or Preacher, Pastor, Missionary, Pope, Father, Bishop or a close friend or even in my spouse but in Christ alone.

As I shared with him what Christ has done in my life, I realizing that I am delivered from death because of my LORD. I realized how I must trust the LORD completely. It was a moment of thanksgiving for me to know that GOD loves me and has saved me from eternal death. “ In Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust.”

When ever you seem to be down, in a pit, issues that you cannot handle or need to be pulled out of the net that has your trapped, turn to GOD for your strength. Let Him guide you. “ O LORD, GOD of truth, redeem me.”

Do we have confidence in the LORD? Is He your rock and your mighty fortress? Do we seek His divine guidance? Do we seek deliverance from our LORD and Savior? Is GOD our strength? If not, seek Him; commit your spirit to GOD.

David wrote in verse 14, “ But I trusted in Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my GOD.” For me, Jehovah is my chosen one for my family and myself and all my trust is in Christ Jesus. The last verse of Chapter 31, David writes, “ Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”

Today I encourage all of us to turn to GOD for your strength, your guidance, mercy, love, wisdom and your foundation. He is your rock and “ in Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust.”

Father GOD, I come to you in thanksgiving for your salvation, for your promise of eternal life for those that choose you. You are my rock, my firm foundation. I ask today for your hedge of protection around all that read the Word of the Day today and that you give them peace and comfort for those in need of your grace and mercy. Father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, have mercy upon us, pull us out of the snares that traps us today. Let us not be ashamed O LORD to call upon you for your help in our trials here on this earth. GOD we love you, we thank you and we ask this all in your Son precious name, Jesus Christ, AMEN!

“ Thou art my Strength, my Shield, my Rock, my Fortress that withstands each shock. My Help, my Life, my Treasure, whate’er the rod, Thou art my God; Naught can resist Thy pleasure.”

Timothy P. Furness

bsr1 likes this.