Word of the Day, January 30, 2017, Matthew 26:28

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 30, 2017

I will praise Him! I will praise Him! Praise the Lamb for sinners slain; Give Him glory, all ye people, for His blood can wash away each stain.

Matthew 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

How do we get redemption from our sins? Christ Jesus is the answer. Christ came to this earth as a man with no sin to take away our sin. Know this, no matter what we have done wrong, the blood of Christ cover our sins when we accept Him as our personal Lord and Saviour.

Matthew 1:21: 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

We cannot change ourselves but through Jesus only. When we become His, we become a new creature, changed, the old us is gone. The Holy Spirit lives within us to comfort, guide and show us what we should be doing to honour GOD, to humble ourselves and to put GOD first and not self.

1 John 2:1-2: 1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John offers reassurance here in his writing to the early churches. Not sure of the author, but I read this the other day describing what we have in Christ. “ Don’t give up because of your guilt or feeling condemned by your sin because you have the greatest defense attorney in the universe pleading your case. Jesus Christ, your advocate, your defender and is the Judge’s son.”

Paul writes about himself in 1 Timothy 1:15: 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Paul says that if Jesus can wash away his sin, then guess what, Christ can surely was away our sins.

Christ gave Himself for our sins. Galatians1:4: 4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: This applies still today. We are in an evil world and the only answer is Christ and to be walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

Ephesians 1:7: 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; We have redemption through Jesus Christ’s blood. I stopped and pondered this as I write this today, I am loved by my creator and promised eternal life because Jesus in my LORD and I have accepted Christ and I have redemption through His blood and forgiveness of my sins through His grace.

Isaiah 53:5-6: 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Even in the Old Testament, Isaiah spoke about Christ dying for our sins that we deserve death for. Our Messiah offers forgiveness that is available for all people by their choosing. When we sin, we are straying from GOD like a sheep. However, GOD sent a shepherd for us to gather us back to the flock. Christ is our “Good Shepherd.” Do you hear His voice calling you into His flock or are you still wandering like the lost sheep? Give it to Christ, no matter what you have done. Lay all your sins at His feet. He died for you also. Accept Him today and see your life change forever!

“ Great is the Lord, He is holy and just by His power we trust. In His love. Great is the Lord. He is faithful, and true. By His mercy He proves He is love.”

Timothy P. Furness