Word of the Day, January 30, 2018, Proverbs 27:17

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 30, 2018

“ Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before! Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; Forward into battle, see his banner go! Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before!”

Proverbs 27:17

17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Tonight at my church we are having a Men’s Knight Out and we are having a Chicken Wing Bash and are cooking over 2000 Chicken Wings, a night of fellowship, a night of praise and worship in songs of the faith, a night of testimonies, a message from our Pastor, a night of prayer and finishing off with some homemade desserts to complete the evening.

Our goal for tonight is not eating chicken wings but to bring men together to grow closer to you Father GOD in their walk. As men of GOD we are to sharpen our fellow brothers in Christ. So I would like to break down each part of our evening by using the Word of GOD.

Acts 2:42: 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Corinthians 14:26: 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Matthew 18:20: 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

For believers, I believe there is nothing better than spending time with other believers. Loving each other, encouraging each other, praying for and with each other and just having a sweet time of fellowship. For us Baptist, that means food. So we are having a Chicken Wing Bash with 7 different homemade sauces with a little friendly contest. The winner gets to clean up after the event. LOL!

1 Chronicles 16:23-31: 23 Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. 24 Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations. 25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. 26 For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. 27 Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place. 28 Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. 29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. 31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth.

Sing onto the LORD. We will be doing that tonight. It is not just about signing a few songs but about truly worshipping and praising our LORD and Saviour. Every Tuesday night at our Men’s Prayer Night, we sing 4-5 hymns and we sound terrible (according to our Pastor), but we are making a joyful noise unto the Lord. No bands, no choir, no sound system, just 15 + guys singing their praises out to our Abba Father.

Daniel 4:2: 2 I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me.

Acts 1:8: 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Isaiah 55:11: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

GOD gave us a testimony to share with the world. He gave us His Word to share in our Jerusalem, our home and neighborhoods: to our Judaea, across our town, city or state or country and to the uttermost parts of this world: across the big oceans and to the countries that are far away from our home and even out of our comfort level. Tell your story today to someone how Christ changed your life and gave you life eternal with Him in Heaven by washing us with His blood on the cross and His gift of salvation if we are willing to choose.

2 Timothy 4:2: 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Jeremiah 3:15: 15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Today, many of us men will be lifting up our preacher man today that he is filled with the Holy Spirit preaching what the Spirit has laid on his heart to encourage us men tonight to be Men of GOD, Leaders in our homes and in our churches and that first we follow the instruction, the manual of life each and every day that GOD has given to us, His Bible on how we are to Love GOD, how to Love People, how we are to Serve Others and that we need to be missionaries in our homes, neighborhoods and in the our world and beyond by Telling Everyone about Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18: 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Timothy 2:1-4: 1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Matthew 26:41: 41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I think in today’s churches that prayer is one of the things that is truly missing. I know from my own past that prayer was for only when I needed something or something bad has happened to my family or friends. I was in a foxhole and needed GOD so I prayed and after He got me to safety, I forgot Him.

Tuesday Men’s Prayer Night is the best night of my week. I’m with men of GOD that have kept me grounded in the scripture and in prayer. We need time in our own prayer closest and also corporately praying with other believers uplifting our pastors, staff, other believers and the prayers needed for the lost, the hurt, sick and those going through a trial in their lives.

Ezekiel 4:9: 9 Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.

Genesis 1:29-30: 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which isthe fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Ok, I tried to find verses about cookies and desserts and could not, so we just read a few more scriptures today, which is always good, right? However, the point of these three verses is that GOD will always provides and always giving us what we need, even some really good homemade cookies tonight.

Father GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I lift up tonight for your glory. Please be with the preacher preaching your Word that You have laid on his heart tonight to us men, to show us how to be men of GOD, to break down the hearts of the lost to find Christ tonight, to break the pride that is in many of our heart, to humble us, to give us ears to hear the message to make us better believers of You, better leaders in our homes to our wives and children, to teach us how to become leaders with a servant heart in our churches and throughout our world. Please LORD; be with the men given their testimonies about how you changed their lives for Your glory. Guide the singers in leading us in our worshipping of You Father GOD, soften the hearts of men to sing your glory with all of their voices praise you through the songs. I ask in Your name for safety to and from this event and thank you for the servants that have made all this possible tonight and GOD, it is not about some really good Chicken Wings, but it is about You and Your Kingdom. Let us Love You GOD, show us how to Love People always willing to Serve Others in your name and to Tell Everyone about You, Your Son, the Holy Spirit and how through Christ, our lives have been changed. I love you and I pray this all in your Son’s precious name, Christ Jesus! Amen and Amen!

“ Our God a firm foundation. Our rock, the only solid ground. As nations rise and fall Kingdoms once strong now shaken. But we trust forever in Your Name. The Name of Jesus. We trust the Name of Jesus. You are the only King forever. Almighty God we lift You higher. You are the only King forever. Forevermore, You are victorious.”

Timothy P. Furness