Word of the Day, January 31, 2017, Revelation 20:11-15

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 31, 2017

“ A miracle of love that took me in it's sweet embrace and made me what I am today just an old sinner saved by grace. I'm just a sinner saved by grace when I stood condemned to death He took my place.”

Revelation 20:11-15

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I had a dream last night about a old friend and his wife yelling at me because I shared the gospel with them some 20+ years ago and in my dream their father died and they were mad at me because I had said years ago that if you are not saved, that people will spend eternity in hell. This statement devastated his wife now. She was yelling and throwing things at me. I asked them why they believe this now when you had told me 20 years earlier that there is no GOD, no heaven and no hell.

“ But the world still tells us daily that God is not alive and Salvation’s plan is just a fairy tale. But their lies don’t change the truth that Jesus died for you and the Word says His returning can happen any day.” These lyrics are from a song by Jeremy Brothers titled Jesus Saves. Satan wants to make us believe there is no GOD, no heaven and no hell. He tries to make us believe that the Word of GOD is not real, fairy tales and makes us question the Word of GOD daily or gives us the desire to forget this Book from GOD and to live the life we want not the life that GOD wants from us. As written in the song above, the lies do not change the truth that Jesus saves us from death and eternity in the lake of fire.

As a believer or a non-believer, we will all stand before GOD and the book that is opened will contain the good or the evil deeds of everyone. GOD knows everything that we have ever said, done or even thought and He will reward or punish accordingly.

Here are GOD’s words to help understand this.

Psalm 28:4-5: 4 Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert. 5 Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up.

Psalm 62:12: 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Romans 2:6-10: 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Revelation 2:23: 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 18:6: 6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

One day, we all have a divine appointment with GOD and we will all stand before Christ and is clearly written in His scriptures and we all have a choice to make before that day. Choose Christ or choose self. Choose Christ or choose Satan. Choose Christ or choose nothing. Choose life or choose death. Choose heaven or the lake of fire.

Today, our fate is in our own hands. Make the right choice. Choose Christ and Christ alone and know that your name will be found in the Book of Life.

“ Let the heavens rejoice! Let the earth be glad! For the Lord has shown strength with His arm! He has trampled down death by death! He has become the first born of the dead! He has delivered us from the depths of hell, and has granted the world great mercy!”

Timothy P. Furness