Word of the Day, January 4, 2018, Genesis 6:5-6

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, January 4, 2018

“ A slave to our uncertainty. Help us with our unbelief. Oh, oh God forgive us. Young and old, black and white, rich and poor, there's no divide. Hear the mighty; hear the powerless, singing Oh God forgive us. Oh God forgive us.”

Genesis 6: 5-6

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Today in my Bible reading I read about the time before Noah and his family building the ark by faith because GOD was grieved by man’s wickedness and GOD wanted to destroy mankind that He created.

The question I have for us today is how does GOD feel about mankind today with all the sin and filth that this world is filled with today. The prince of this world is laughing for all the souls he has won.

I watched the movie called Noah back in 2014 about the flood and the ark. Hollywood put their spin on it and it was nowhere near scripturally correct. However I watch the first part of the movie with all the sin that was portrayed in this movie that mankind was doing. It was all about their own fleshly desires. Murder, rape, stealing sexually depravity, you name it and they were doing it. These scenes I could not get out of my mind seeing man’s wickedness was everywhere and GOD saw this and was grieved. What has changed today?

As a father of my three girls, I could not imagine that I would be so repented that I made them and would want to destroy them, wipe them out, to kill them because of their sin.

Not much has changed today. Sin is everywhere in our lives whether a Christian or not. “ For we ALL come short of the glory of GOD.” We are all guilty of sin. However, we must decide to change our lives through Christ Jesus and walk in the light and not in the darkness. I have lived in the darkness in the past and it was not good for me nor those in my life or around me. I thought it was but I was wrong. I thought they were the good ole days but since I found Christ as my personal LORD and Saviour, these are the good ole day for me now.

I was talking with my youngest daughter last night about hanging with the wrong people and how easy it is to be tempted and to fall into sin. We need to strive to be sinless and choices need to be made by walking with the Spirit and not with our flesh. When I was younger, I was that wrong kid, even as an adult, I only wanted to have fun and to bring along my friends also. What a fool I was!

So as a believer in Christ, we should desire to stay away from the darkness and to seek the light. The most encouraging verse in Genesis 6 is verse 8: But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. This is my desire now in my life to find grace in the eyes of the LORD. There is enough darkness in the world today. Seek the light today in your life, be the light in your families lives and to show someone the light of Jesus Christ today.

“ So the Lord came down to look around a spell and there He found Noah behavin' mighty well. And that is the reason the Scriptures record Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”

Timothy P. Furness