Word of the Day, July 10, 2017, 2 Kings 15:27-28

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, July 10, 2017

“ If you could see what I once was. If you could go with me back to where I started from then I know you would see. A miracle of love that took me in it's sweet embrace and made me what I am today. Just an old sinner saved by grace. I'm just a sinner saved by grace when I stood condemned to death He took my place.”

2 King 15:27-28

27 In the two and fiftieth year of Azariah king of Judah Pekah the son of Remaliah began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reignedtwenty years.

28 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD: he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin.

There are two things here in verse 28 that stick out to me. One I talked about a few weeks ago about being in the Bible as a King that did evil in the sight of the LORD. I would not want to be remembered for that or written in the Bible for eternity as that person that “ did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.”

The second thing written here is “ who made Israel sin.” I know we are all responsible for our own actions of sin and every person will stand or should I say every knee will bow before Christ but when someone leads people away from Christ by their sins and draws them in also, this is wrong for sure.

As a young man, my high school best friend’s mother and father and later his wife would say that I caused their son/husband do the things that he had done when we did something wrong. They would say that He would never do that on his own that he was following my lead. First thing is that my friend had his own free will to choose what he wanted to do. We are all responsible for our own sin. However, my influence surly added to the decisions that he made to follow me into sin.

As I read and pondered the end of verse 28, this was I. I had the car, the money, the energy, the desire, and the guts to do whatever I wanted to do and to bring along my best friend or anybody that wanted to go out and play and hang with me. My sin was catchy, me sin was fun, my sin made you experience things you might never had tried if you were willing to follow me.

This continued throughout my life only with different people or different types of sin. This finally changed when I found Christ, when He became first in my life. When I became humbled for Him, my desire for this old lifestyle was taken away. I had to loose all to gain Christ.

Now, my desire is to have people follow me to Christ. My desire is to be the light and not the darkness that was in my life. My desire is to be Christ to someone each and everyday. My desire is to tell everyone about how Christ changed me and can change you also. My desire now is to love GOD and to give GOD all the glory. My desire now is to the serve my LORD and Saviour by loving and serving people. My desire today is to tell everyone about the saving Grace, the unmerited favor, the forgiveness and mercy that is available from GOD.

Today, my desire will be for “ me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

“ I'm done building my own kingdom. No more seeking worthless idols. Like sheep we have all gone astray. We must choose this day whom we will serve. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We will serve the Lord. Idols raised, tear them down cause we will serve the Lord. We will serve the Lord. To one king we bow down. As for me and my house, we will only serve the Lord.”

Timothy P. Furness