Word of the Day, July 12, 2017, Revelation 21:2-8

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, July 12, 2017

“ Shine your light and let the whole world see. We're singing for the glory of the risen king Jesus.”

Revelation 21:2-8

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Have you ever thought about what eternity will be like? Can we even comprehend eternity, forever? The Holy City, New Jerusalem is described as a place where GOD will remove all sorrow, all tears, all pain and even death. What a wonderful truth.

The New Jerusalem is where GOD lives among His people. Instead of going to meet Him, He comes down to be with us, just as GOD became man in Jesus Christ and lived among us. John 1:14: “ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth.” We need to know this, wherever GOD reigns, there is peace, security and love.

What do we know about eternity? The Bible tells us less about eternity will be like than it does telling us to share the love of GOD, the saving grace and the free gift of eternal life that is available from GOD. We cannot fully grasp what eternity with GOD will be like. I believe that we get a few hints throughout the Word of GOD.

Eternity will be a place prepared for us. John 14:2-3: 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

In Eternity we will be like Jesus. I John 3:2: 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

In Eternity, we will have new bodies: 2 Cor 5:1: 1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Eternity will be a wondrous experience. 1 Cor 2:9: 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Eternity will be a new environment for us. Rev 21:1: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

In Eternity, we will experience the presence of GOD. Rev 21:3: 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

In Eternity, we will experience new emotion. Rev 21:4: 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

GOD is the Creator. The Bible tells us the story about creation of the universe and it concludes with the creation of the new heaven and new earth. As a believer, this brings me hope and encouragement. We will be with GOD, our sins are forgiven and our future is secured and we will be like Christ, made perfect through Him.

After studying this and hearing this for my whole life, why would I not tell everyone not only that Jesus saves, but also that eternity will be a glorious place to spend with GOD the Father forever? I can’t wait. If you know Christ, share Him with someone today.

“ Open up the heavens. We want to see you. Open up the floodgates. A mighty river flowing from your heart filling every part of our praise.”

Timothy P. Furness