Word of the Day, July 17, 2017, Revelation 1:20

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, July 17, 2017

“ I see the Lord seated on the throne. Exalted, and the train of His robe fills the temple with glory and the whole earth is filled, and the whole earth is filled, and the whole earth is filled with His glory. Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord.”

Revelation 1:20

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Seven, why the number seven? GOD uses it throughout the whole Bible. Seven is used 735 times (54 times in the book of Revelation alone), the number 7 is the foundation of God's word. If we include with this count how many times 'sevenfold' (6) and 'seventh' (119) is used, the total jumps to 860 references.

The book of Revelations seems to be built around the number seven. There are seven letters to seven churches in Chapter 1-3. We have the seven seals and seven trumpets that John shares with us in Chapters 4-11. In chapter 15 and 16 we are told about the seven angels having the last plagues and then the seven golden candlesticks in Chapter 1.

The Book of Revelation tells us about the seven stars, seven spirits, and seven lamps of fire, seven thunders, seven heads and seven mountains. There are seven horns and seven eyes on a lamb. A beast that rises out of the sea with seven heads and a woman sitting upon a scarlet coloured beast having seven heads and the seven Beatitudes of Revelation.

If that is not enough, let me share some more sevens in the Bible. The Bible begins with the seven days of creation and it ends with the Book of Revelation built upon seven that tells us of the ultimate destiny of GOD’s creation.

The day that the Old Testament Jews were to rest and praise GOD corporately, the Sabbath is on the seventh day of the week. The Levitical system of the Old Testament was built on a cycle of seven.

GOD used seven priests with seven trumpet’s walking around the wall for seven day to destroy the walls of Jericho. Naaman dipped himself in the Jordan seven times.

Jesus even used the number seven with seven healings on the Sabbath seven times. Matthew 12:9 Jesus healed the withered hand of a man attending the Sabbath services. Mark 1:21 at a Capernaum synagogue on the Sabbath, Jesus casts out an unclean spirit that possessed a man. In Mark 1:29 Jesus heals Peter’s mother of a fever on the Sabbath. In Luke 13:11 Jesus heals a woman attending synagogue, which was made sick by a demon for eighteen years, is released from her bondage.

While Jesus is having dinner with the Pharisee and some lawyers, He heals a man with dropsy in Luke 14:2 on the Sabbath. John 5:8-9 tells us about a man who is disabled and unable to walk and Jesus heals at the pool of Bethesda on the Sabbath and the final healing by Jesus on the Sabbath is in John, Chapter 9 and verse 14, Jesus heals a man born blind at the pool of Siloam

I think we could say that seven is GOD’s number. There are seven days in the week, seven notes in music and seven colors in the rainbow. All of this by chance? All of this by a blop (not sure if that is a word) of some matter? Don’t think so. I love how GOD’s word is still full of things that can only happen because of GOD on this earth. Dig into His Word today, seek His message for us and see the beauty of GOD’s words.

“ We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit and He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection and He's coming back again. We believe.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Seven steps to heaven...but I like that apocryphal gospel that says "the kingdom of God is everywhere but men do not see it"