Word of the Day, July 25, 2017, Isaiah 43:1-3

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, July 25, 2017

“ I've seen joy and I've seen pain. On my knees, I call your name. Here's my broken hallelujah. With nothing left to hold onto, I raise these empty hands to you. Here's my broken, here's my broken, Hallelujah. Here's my broken Hallelujah.”

Isaiah 43:1-3

1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

This morning as I was reading Life Journal Reading Plan, the bible in a year, Isaiah 43 was the first chapter and is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible followed closely by Chapter 44. I have redeemed thee. What beautiful words to hear from our Father GOD. I think these three verses are about redemption from captivity. The LORD promised to re-gather His nation of His chosen people, The Israelites. Are you in captivity? Do we need to be re-gathered for CHRIST? Is CHRIST calling you today?

CHRIST will protect us when we pass through the flooded waters of life. He promises to be there for us even through the rivers that are raging through our life. The LORD promises that when we walk through the fires of work, family, day-to-day trials and the pit that you may be in. GOD promises that we will not be burn, nor will we be inflamed in fire because God loves us and says that he will protect us.

Remember the story in Daniel about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and their resolved to obey GOD, whether or not he chose to save them. We need to believe He is there for us no matter what the outcome is. GOD’s plan may be different than our plan.

Verse 3 speaks of GOD and His promise for your ransom of you because He is your Saviour. This verse reminds me of Matthew 10:30: and that God knows the very hairs on our head and are all numbered. GOD is always with us. He is with us from the beginning of time and for eternity. This verse is of the Salvation of GOD and the promise of GOD’s rescue from our captivity is spelled out here in verse 3.

We need to have knowledge of His word because this builds confidence in the promises from the LORD. How do we know that GOD will restore us or bless us? I want to know that GOD is with me in the raging rivers of life and the floodwaters that happens when we are not ready or the fire that He says he will protect us from being burned or even smelling like the fire. My Hope is in the LORD because He is able. My GOD is strong and mighty and I want to serve Him and give Him the glory and praise each and everyday. Is He your Saviour?

If you can find ten minutes today, read all of Chapter 43. One of my favorites. It starts out with the LORD giving comfort to the church with His promises. (verse 2-3) Verse 10 says I am the Lord and beside me there is no Saviour. Isaiah foretells of the fall of Babylon’s destruction (verse 14 & 15) and then the plan for their deliverance and a pardon promised in verse 25, “ I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.”

“ For the grace this Greater, than all my sin of where justice was served, and where mercy wins! Of the kindness of Jesus, that draws me in, O to tell you my story, is to tell of the grace that is Greater, than all my sin, of where justice was served, and mercy wins.”

Timothy P. Furness