Word of the Day, July 31, 2017, Psalm 46:1-2

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, July 31, 2017

“ When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey. Trust and obey, for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

Psalm 46:1-2

1 (To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Trust: A firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. For me, that belief in the reliability, the truth, the ability or my strength of someone is with Christ Jesus.

Psalm 84:11-12: 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. 12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

Here is an old hymn written by Uriah Hallman back in 1907 named GOD is my Strength based on Psalm 16:1: Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust and Isaiah 26:3: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

“ God is my strength, O’er hilltop and mountain, By streamlet and fountain; Wherever I wander, My soul loves to ponder n Jesus, my hope and my trust.

God is my strength when battle is waging and devils are raging; though waters rise o’er me, though mounts stand before me, in Jesus, my Lord, I will trust.

God is my strength in fiery temptation and sore tribulation; by faith and assurance and grace for endurance my all in His hands I will trust.

God is my strength; in every affliction. My Lord’s crucifixion reminds me that Jesus has died to release us from suff’ring; yes, Him I will trust.

God is my strength while demons surround me, and seek to confound me; His right hand upholds me, His strong arm enfolds me; in Jesus I ever will trust.”

GOD is my strength and Jesus is my hope and trust and in Jesus I forever will trust. Do we believe this?

Psalm 37:3-5: 3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

1 Peter 5:7: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Sometimes people say that the Bible or even the King James Version Bible is hard to understand. I believe that most of us can understand this: Cast all your concerns and cares and Christ will care for us. Trust in the LORD is simple English language right? We are to delight ourselves in the LORD and He shall give us the desires of our heart. Simple again right? If we commit our ways unto our LORD and Saviour and trust in Him, Christ shall bring all this to pass. Guess what, I get it!

Proverbs 3:5-7: 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

These are memory verses for sure, one that should be on the tip of our tongue as believers. These 3 verses that we should speak out loud for anybody that is having a hard time, a trial in their life and to ourselves when we are struggling also. Three key words here are Trust, Acknowledge and Fear Him.

I’ll finish with this verse from the Psalmist: “They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Today as believers in Christ Jesus, Trust Him in your life and for those that do not know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, Trust Him and abideth with Him forever.

“ Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing, were not the right Man on our side, the Man of God’s own choosing: Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is He; Lord Sabaoth, His Name, from age to age the same, and He must win the battle.”

Timothy P. Furness