Word of the Day, June 13, 2017, II Corinthians 12:9

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 13, 2017

“ Christ is my reward and all of my devotion. Now there's nothing in this world that could ever satisfy. Through every trial my soul will sing. No turning back, I've been set free.”

II Corinthians 12:9

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

My grace is sufficient for thee. No matter what is happening in my life, I know the power of Christ rest upon me. This reminds me of the song by Hillsong “ Christ is Enough.” Through every trial, my soul will sing Christ is enough for me. I have been set free with Christ, for He is enough for me.

The Joy of my salvation is because Christ is enough for me. My Hope is in Christ because He is enough for me. Heaven will be my home because of Christ and He is enough for me.

I have decided to follow Jesus and Christ is enough for me. Jesus is there for me and He is enough for me. To GOD be all the glory because Christ is enough for me. The cross is before me and the world is behind me and Christ is enough and there is no turning back because Christ is enough for me.

Christ spoke to Paul and said that His grace was sufficient for Paul and although GOD did not remove Paul’s affliction, He promised to demonstrate His power in Paul. The pure fact that GOD’s power is on display for all of us in our weakness should give us courage and hope.

As I recognized my weaknesses and limitations, I learned to depend more on GOD and not on my efforts, my own abilities or even my talents. My lesson from trying to do it myself with what I have and not allowing GOD to handle these limitations, is that it has helped me to build and grow my Christian walk and my relationship with GOD and to also deepen my worship with and for GOD. It made me realize and it affirm to me GOD’s Strength. CHRIST IS ENOUGH for me. Hosanna, I will praise you everyday. You are enough for me.

I encourage all of you to get to a good Bible preaching church this Wednesday night or Sunday. Praise HIM, Worship HIM, Give Him all the Glory, Sing Alleluiah to Him and share His words to anyone that you see during the week.

I would like you to try something this week at church or at work throughout the next week. If you see someone that does not seem themself, talk with them, don’t just ask them how they are doing, reach out and touch them by grabbing their hand or place you hand on their shoulder and ask if you can pray for them right then and there and lift them up to Christ and share with them how Christ can be enough for them. Love them like Christ loves us.

“ Through every storm my soul will sing. Jesus is here. To God be the glory. Christ is enough for me. Christ is enough for me. Everything I need is in You. Everything I need.”

Timothy P. Furness