Word of the Day, June 14, 2017, Hebrews 1:1-2

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 14, 2017

“ When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me. And oh, how He loves us so.”

Hebrews 1:1-2

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The question today is how does GOD speak to you? In the Old Testament, GOD spoke through prophets and a few other ways also.

Today, I would like to have you do a little reading on your own to see how GOD spoke to many people in many unconditional ways of communication. Here are a few examples.

GOD spoke to Jacob, Zacharias, Mary and the shepherds through angels. Gen 22-32, Luke 1:13 & 30, Luke 2:10.

GOD spoke to many through dreams: Jacob, Joseph, a baker, a butler, Pharaoh, Isaiah, Joseph and the wise man. Genesis 28:10-22, Genesis 37:5-10, Genesis 40:5, Genesis 41:7-8, Isaiah 1:1, Matthew 1:20 & Matthew 2:12-13.

GOD also spoke by writings on a wall with Belshazzar in Daniel 5:5-9, “ In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace; and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.” King Belshazzar finally called upon Daniel the prophet to interpret the dream.

Ok, this method of speaking to us would make me think, but also understand that with GOD, all things are possible when He spoke to Balaam through the talking donkey in Numbers 22:21-35.

GOD even uses clouds to speak to us. He used pillars of cloud and fire in Exodus 13:21-22 to lead the people of Israel. GOD led His people by the pillar of clouds to lead the way during the day and by night; He used a pillar of fire to give them light to travel by night.

GOD even used a whale, the “ great fish ” to speak to Jonah in Jonah 1:17: He got the message after 3 days in the belly of the whale.

GOD spoke to Moses via a burning bush and fire in Exodus 3:2. “ And the angel of the LORD appeared unto to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of the bush: and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.”

GOD spoke verbally to Abraham, Moses, those that were present at Jesus baptism and to Paul in Genesis 12:1-4, Exodus 7:8, Matthew 3:13-17 and Acts 18:9: “ Then, spake the LORD to Paul in the night by vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace.”

How does GOD speak to us? Through His son, Jesus Christ our LORD. GOD speaks to us through the Holy Spirit and through His Word, the Gospel of Christ. Are we listening? Take time to rest, listen and to obey as GOD speaks to you through any form that He decides to use to get our attention.

One of the best ways to understand GOD’s willingness to communicate to us is to understand the various methods He uses and some of them are quite unexpected that He has used to give us His message. Always be willing to listen to GOD when He speaks to you and obey.

“ When all God's children sing out, Glory, glory, hallelujah, He reigns.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member