Word of the Day, June 15, 2017, I Kings 16:25-26

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 15, 2017

“ Where you go, I'll go. Where you stay, I'll stay. When you move, I'll move. I will follow. All your ways are good, all your ways are sure. I will trust in you alone. Higher than my side, high above my life. I will trust in you alone.”

1 Kings 16:25-26

25 But Omri wrought evil in the eyes of the LORD, and did worse than all that were before him.

26 For he walked in all the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin, to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger with their vanities.

King Omri did worse that ALL the Kings that were before him. How would we like to have that written on our grave stone or to be known for that because our name is written in the Bible?

1 Kings 16:33: 33 And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

King Ahab caused GOD to be angrier with him than any of the Kings of Israel before his time as King. How would we like that written about us in the history books?

1 Kings 11:4-6: 4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

King Solomon, the wisest man ever according to the Bible turned away from GOD in his later days as the King of Israel.

How about a little Biblical history lesson today? Here is a list of Kings of Israel and Judah after King Solomon and it tells us the ones that were bad, a little bad and the onesthat were good or had some good in them.

Kings of Israel
    Jeroboam I, bad, 931—910 BC / Nadab, bad, 910—909 BC / Baasha, bad, 909—886 BC / Elah, bad, 886—885 BC / Zimri, bad, 885 BC / Tibni, bad, 885—880 BC / Omri (overlap), extra bad, 885—874 BC / Ahab, the worst, 874—853 BC / Ahaziah, bad, 853—852 BC / Joram/Jehoram, bad mostly, 852—841 BC / Jehu, not good but better than the rest, 841—814 BC / Jehoahaz, bad, 814—798 BC / Joash, bad, 798—782 BC / Jeroboam II (overlap), bad, 793—753 BC / Zechariah, bad, 753 BC / Shallum, bad, 752 BC / Menahem, bad, 752—742 BC / Pekahiah, bad, 742—740 BC / Pekah (overlap), bad, 752—732 BC / Hoshea, bad, 732—722 BC

Kings and Queen of Judah
    Rehoboam, bad mostly, 931—913 BC / Abijah, bad mostly, 913—911 BC / Asa, GOOD, 911—870 BC / Jehoshaphat (overlap), GOOD, 873—848 BC / Jehoram/Joram (overlap), bad, 853—841 BC / Ahaziah, bad, 841 BC / Athaliah (queen), devilish, 841—835 BC / Joash/Jehoash, good mostly, 835—796 BC / Amaziah, good mostly, 796—767 BC / Uzziah/Azariah, GOOD mostly, 790—739 BC / Jotham, GOOD, 750—731 BC / Ahaz, GOOD, 750—731 BC / Hezekiah, THE BEST, 715—686 BC / Manasseh, the worst, 695—642 BC / Amon, the worst, 642—640 BC / Josiah, THE BEST, 640—609 BC / Jehoahaz, bad, 609 BC / Jehoiakim, wicked, 609—597 BC / Jehoiachin, bad, 597 BC / Zedekiah, bad, 597—586 BC. Source: Elmer Towns

I highlighted if they were good or bad and most of them were bad, mostly bad, the worst, wicked or devilish. With 40 Kings and one Queen there were only 9 that were better than the rest, mostly good, good or the best.

So here is my point or question for all of us today. If we were a King or a Queen today and the Bible was being written today what would they write about our Kingship/Queenship lives? The Best for GOD? That we were mostly good for GOD? Better than most for GOD? That we are bad? Would they label us as wicked against GOD? How about being called devilish against GOD or called the worst?

As believers in Christ Jesus, where are we with our walk with our LORD? Are we living for Christ all the time, or most of the time or better than some? As a dear brother and my accountability partner in Christ says to me often, is GOD getting the glory in what we are doings or saying and is what we are doing good or best for GOD’s Kingdom?

Is our desire as a child of GOD to hear well done, thou good and faithful servant, serve GOD, humbling ourselves, loving people as Christ loves us or to be remembered or labeled bad, devilish, wicked or the worst? Just a thought to ponder for today…

“ Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King. His royal blood now flows in my veins and I who was wretched and poor now can sing Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King.”

Timothy P. Furness