Word of the Day, June 26, 2017, Acts 2:42

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 26, 2017

“ But if we are the body, why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching? And if we are the body, why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way? There is a way, there is a way.”

Acts 2:42

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

How important is going to church to you and your family? I will warn you that some of you may not like this WOD today because I am going to speak the true with less grace today.

Let me say upfront that I was guilty of this in the past that church was something I would miss if something was more important to me on that given Sunday Morning. Duck hunting was more important for half of the year for me and when I did make it to church during the season, I was so tired that most Sundays I barely made it awake in the first 10 minutes of the sermon.

So let me please say this first, we all go on vacations, sometimes have to work, get sick, family issues or other things that may come up on a Sunday morning (we can always catch up and watch online) but everything else is a choice that we all make each and every Sunday morning.

What is more import than GOD? Hunting, fishing, golfing, soccer, baseball, shopping, Saturday night’s event making us to tired to come to church, money or our flesh being lazy just to name a few reasons that keeps so many Americans from Sunday Worship Services.

Here is some interesting information from the Pew Research Center.

“ The percentage of Americans who say they “seldom” or “never” attend religious services (aside from weddings and funerals) has risen modestly in the past decade. Roughly three-in-ten U.S. adults (29%) now say they seldom or never attend worship services, up from 25% in 2003, according to aggregated data from Pew Research Center surveys. The share of people who say they attend services at least once a week has remained relatively steady; 37% say they attend at least weekly today, compared with 39% a decade ago.”

A Gallop polls states that the most important reason that churchgoers go to church at least a few times a month is for spiritual growth and guidance (33%). The second reason was that it keeps me grounded and inspired (29%). The third reason was it is their faith (21%) and sadly the fourth reason was to worship GOD (12%). I think this list is backwards and maybe some of the reasons that church attendance is going down. It is not about us, but about worshipping GOD the Father.

Acts 2:46: 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

As I spoke this weekend, I talked about what Christ did for me coming down to earth and His death on the cross for my sins. He left the right hand of GOD, became a man, walked this earth for 33 years, was beaten, a crown a thrones placed on His forehead, called names, mocked and was crucified on the cross, nailed to that cross and with His blood He covered my sins and rose the third day and I could not go to a church to worship Him every Sunday in the past? Not today for me. I cannot wait for Worship Services.

Hebrews 10:25: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Going to church is not just a habit, a suggestions or a duty but it is GOD’s will for us believers. As believers, we are to love one another (1 John 4:12), to encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13), spur one another to good works and to love (Hebrews 10:24), serve one another (Galatians 5:13), to instruct one another (Romans 15:14) to honor one another (Romans 12:10) and to be compassionate and kind to one another (Ephesians 4:32).

So let me quote my churches motto: LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE OTHERS and TELL EVERYONE. That is what going to church is all about. Not a duty, not a habit, not an obligation, but a choice that we must make each and every Sunday morning. A choice to always put GOD first, even at a cost to something we think we need to do or want to do rather than going to church. Seek Him First.

Ok, now that we all understand that, let’s talk about Sunday and Wednesday night Church services…

“ The Church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord; She is His new creation By water and the Word: From heav’n He came and sought her to be His holy Bride; With His own blood He bought her, and for her life He died.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

I was so bad into it I told my wife to take the kids!
    I hated church. Hypocrisy, idiots, rich rulers etc. I saw what I really hated was the sin that was ruling me. I was set free so I can worship.

Pepperjack likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Your chains have been removed through and in Christ brother Dave!

Pepperjack likes this.