Word of the Day, June 27, 2017, Mark 9:23

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 27, 2017

“ You're looking at a child forgiven. You're looking at a soul set free. You're looking at a pardoned prisoner who's walking now in liberty. I'm standing here because of wondrous grace, my sins are in the deepest sea. He washed me clean somehow cause what you're seeing now is happy, happy child set free.”

Mark 9:23

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

This past weekend my wife and I were in Brookville Pennsylvania and I had the privilege to give my testimony of how GOD changed my life at a Hunter’s Night on Friday and to preach a message about GOD’s grace on Sunday morning at the New Egypt Community Church.

On Saturday, we went on a tour of the Scripture Rocks. Douglas Monroe Stahlman in the early 1900 went around the countryside of this rural community and dedicated and inscribed bible verses on over 530 boulders, rocks and trees throughout the woods of Jefferson County in western Pennsylvania. Initially a large following attended his wilderness services. However, they found out about his past and his obsessions, they left his wilderness church and he became shunned in the community.

Stahlman was a self proclaim prophet, lived on a rock called Altar Rock within the woods, preached from that same rock and was later declared insane and spent the remaining days of his life in mental hospital. His family disowned him and was considered an obsessed mad man living on the fringes of society.

As we toured the park we walk through the woods and would stop and read scriptures on over 60 rocks that he took the time to carve for over 2 years. Mark 9:23 was one of these verses carved in a boulder. As I read his history it made me think that even though he was crazy that he was used by GOD to share GOD’s words throughout the rolling hills of Pennsylvania. History wants to make him a whack job and maybe he was, but GOD used him to have people read GOD’s words on rocks in the woods for generations of believers and non-believers that visit this park dedicated to these Scriptures rocks. If one person found Christ as their personal Saviour, then Mr. Stahlman follow GOD’s commands to Tell Everyone about Christ’s saving grace.

We too can be used no matter what our past is or what people say about the things that we have done wrong if we have Christ in our lives now. Remember that if we believe, all things are possible in Christ. Let GOD use us today for His Glory.

“ Pressing on the up away always guide me Lord I pray undeserving, and stubbornly never fail to love me still. Yes Jesus loves me. Oh yes Jesus loves me. Oh yes Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.”

Timothy P. Furness