Word of the Day, June 7, 2017, Philippians 4:6-7

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, June 7, 2017

“ A mighty Fortress is our God, A Bulwark never failing; Our Helper He amid the flood of mortal ills prevailing: For still our ancient foe Doth seek to work us woe; His craft and power are great, and, armed with cruel hate, on earth is not his equal.”

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If you are going to pray, don’t worry. If you are going to worry, don’t pray. Do we pray and worry about it after we make our request know to GOD? We need to remember that GOD shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Be careful for nothing means don’t worry about anything. The solution to undue worrying is prayer in every thing in any matter of life. The way to be free of anxiety is to be prayerful about everything. GOD is eager to hear our prayers but we need to be accompanied with thanksgiving.

Psalm 46:1-3: 1 (To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

The Psalmist writes that GOD is his refuge for the deliverance of Jerusalem. It really expresses three thoughts in chapter. First thing to remember is that GOD is a place of security and comfort when all else is insecure. The second thing to remember is GOD protects His people and gives them assurance and comfort. Third thing to notice from reading this chapter of GOD’s Word is that all mankind are called upon to consider GOD”s works and that we need to submit to His authority. This unshakable confidence that the Psalmist share here with us as believers lead Martin Luther to write on of the greatest hymns of all time, “ A Might Fortress is our GOD.”

Psalm 91:15: 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Philippians 4:19: 19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28: 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Isaiah 32:17: 17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9: 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Psalm 9:9-10: 9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 32:7: 7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

So let’s think about what is said here above in these few verses. GOD promises to deliver us, to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory, to make all things work together according to His purpose. If our work is of righteousness we shall have peace and quietness and assurance forever, not distressed and not in despair, not forsaken and not destroyed by living by faith in our GOD. We shall be able to hide with our LORD and be preserved from trouble.

So today, instead of worrying, pray to your Father GOD, trust Him, have faith in Him that He will be there for you and remember to be glad in the LORD, rejoice, shout for joy, be righteous with a upright heart and trust Him. He promises He will be your refuge and calm our hearts and minds through His son Christ Jesus.

“ That word above all earthly powers, no thanks to them, abideth; The Spirit and the gifts are ours through Him who with us sideth: Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also; The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still, His Kingdom is forever.”

Timothy P. Furness