Word of the Day, March 13, 2017, Psalm 150:1-6

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 13, 2017

Oh Lord How excellent! How excellent! How excellent! How excellent is Thy name. There is none like you, none like you, none like you. Jesus excellent is Thy name. In all the Earth. Jesus excellent is Thy name. Jesus excellent is Thy name. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. Jesus excellent is Thy name.

Psalm 150:1-6

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

I have a question for all of us today. Do you look forward to Sunday and going to church to worship our LORD and Saviour? Yesterday at our church we had our United Service where we have both of our normal services (8:30 and 10:30 am) come together as one service. Our whole church comes together to praise and worship our GOD, united as one for Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit was in the house yesterday. The Holy Spirit filled the people walking in ready to worship. The Holy Spirit filled the Praise and Worship Team and Choir. The Holy Spirit was in our Pastor as He delivered GOD’s message that was laid on his heart and that we all needed to hear and the Holy Spirit filled us during the Lord’s Supper. The Holy Spirit was in the workers that watched the children, the workers in the teen ministry, the workers that served in the café, the workers that greeted and welcomed the people as they came in, the ushers, the deacons as they served the Lord’s Supper and those that cleaned up after everyone was gone. What an Awesome GOD we serve.

I love to hear the whole church praising and worshipping our Father GOD. Hands raise giving GOD His glory, voices singing with all that we have to praise our Creator and hearing and singing words that touch our hearts about how Christ is our King and Saviour. We often think that the preaching is only from the Pastor. However, the preaching from from the songs that we sing, it is not just the music, the beat, the rhythm but it is all about the words praising the Great I am. How great thy GOD is that we serve.

I stopped singing yesterday to listen to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ praising our Father GOD remembering how I missed this in Canaan. I remember praising GOD in our little chapel with my fellow brothers singing and praising our LORD and Saviour no different than with a full church yesterday. We can praise Him no matter where we are with just ourselves or with a full church.

We are told to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. That may be a soft voice, a loud voice, someone that can’t sing or have any rhythm. GOD does not care what you sound like. He just wants our hearts. We should want to praise Him with all that we are.

So today is Monday. Have we praised Him yet today? We can praise Him on Sunday but we need to praise Him the rest of the week. Seek Him daily, praise Him daily, Worship Him each day and as often as we can. It is not just in singing that we can praise our GOD. We can praise Him in our walk, with our voicing as we share the gospel as we help the needy and will all that we are and do, do it in His name. Let every one that has breath, Praise Him.

“ Magnify Him, magnify Him, make Him great in this place, Magnify Him, magnify Him, make Him great. Great is power, great is grace, we magnify you Lord with your grace. Nobody's greater, nobody's greater, we magnify you Lord with your grace. We serve a great God, we magnify you Lord with your grace. So great, so great! Nobody greater, Nobody greater, Nobody greater, Nobody greater.

Timothy P. Furness