Word of the Day, March 14, 2017, Isaiah 55:12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 14, 2017

“ There's a place where sin and shame are powerless. Where my heart has peace with God and forgiveness. Where all the love I've ever found. Comes like a flood, Comes flowing down.”

Isaiah 55:12

12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Joy: “ The emotion evoked by well–being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires, the state of happiness or felicity or the source or cause of delight.” Merriam Webster

Let’s look at the dictionary of life, The Bible and see what the Author and Finisher says about joy. Are you ready for a little Bible study today about joy?

Joy: “ Happiness over an unanticipated or present good. In the Old Testament joy covers a wide range of human experiences—from sexual love (Song of Solomon 1:4), to marriage (Proverbs 5:18), the birth of children (Psalm 113:9), the gathering of the harvest, military victory (Isaiah 9:3), and drinking wine (Psalm 104:15)). On the spiritual level it refers to the extreme happiness with which the believer contemplates salvation and the bliss of the afterlife. Unexpected benefits from God are expressed in terms of common experiences. The psalms express the joyous mood of believers as they encounter God. Believers rejoice because God has surrounded them with his steadfast love (Psalm 32:11) and brought them to salvation (Psalm 40:16; 64:10). David rejoices that God has delivered him from the hand of his enemies (Psalm 63:11). Joy is a response to God's word (Psalm 119:14) and his reward to believers (Isaiah 65:14) and their strength (Nehemiah 8:10).” David Scaer and J. Moltmann

Psalm 89:15-16: 15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. 16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.

Psalm 118:15: 15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Psalm 126:5-6: 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

A joyful sound, a voice rejoicing with joy and those that sow tears of sorrow shall reap in joy and rejoicing. We shall find joy in Christ and in His righteousness shall we be exalted. That brings me joy.

John 15:11: 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

I desire to have Christ’s joy in me daily because with Him, my joy might be full.

Psalm 16:11: 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalm 97:11-12: 11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. 12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Habakkuk 3:18: 18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

This verse is one of my favorites that I had to learn during my time in the pit. No matter what, I will rejoice in my Lord and Saviour and find joy and have joy in my salvation from my Father GOD. I found joy from above because I seek Him, His Word and a prayer time with Him.

Isaiah 51:11: 11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

We have certainty of GOD salvation and to be able to trust in the LORD. We are promised everlasting joy and that sorrow and mourning shall pass away.

Psalm 30:4-5: 4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Want joy in your life? Remember His holiness. Want joy in your life? Seek Him, cry to Him and joy will come. Want joy in your life? Praise Him. Want joy in your life? Know that your strength is in the LORD. Want joy in your life? Trust Him.

“ Hold on my child joy comes in the morning, Weeping only last for the night. Hold on my child Joy comes in the morning. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight.”

Timothy P. Furness