Word of the Day, March 16, 2017, Luke 14:13-14

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 16, 2017

“ But if we are the body why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching? And if we are the body why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way? There is a way.”

Luke 14:13-14

13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:

14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Today I would like to share what the Word of GOD tells us about Charity. More of the Word and less of me speaking.

Psalm 41:1-2: 1 (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. 2 The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.

Proverbs 19:17: 17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Luke 12:33: 33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Proverbs 14:21: 21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

These four verses tell me something that is simple for me to understand. Blessed we will be, we will be repaid, to sell everything if needed and happy will we be if we are willing to take care of the poor, the needed and treasures will be laid up in heaven.

Luke 6:38: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Psalm 112:9: 9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

2 Corinthians 9:7: 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Christ tells us to give and it shall be given unto us, our giving, to be disperse freely and liberally, that which we give is not lost or wasted and to give not grudgingly because GOD surely loves a cheerful giver.

Proverbs 28:7: 27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Proverbs 11:24-25: 24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. 25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

Psalm 37:25: 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

I Timothy 6:17-18: 17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Are we willing to join in any and all, privately or public works of charity? Are we willing to scatter our wealth or our fat to others or do we turn the other way when someone in needs comes towards us or someone asks us for help?

Are we willing to cast our bread upon the water? Are we willing to help satisfy the afflicted soul? Are we willing to cover the naked, to feed our bread to the hungry? Are we willing to lend a hand, food, shelter or money to the Kingdom workers, the strangers, the fatherless, the widow, the prisoners so that they can eat and be satisfied? (Might be a few scriptures in that paragraph)

I Corinthians 13:13: 3 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I may be someone important and have not charity; I am but a tinkling cymbal? I may be so wise, filled with faith that I am able to move mountains and do not have charity I am nothing. I can give it all away, sacrificing my body and have no charity, it is all worthless.

With charity suffers long, charity is kind, charity envies not and charity is not puffed up, filled with pride and does not boast. Charity is not unseemly, seeks no credit, it is not provoked easily and does not think of evil. Charity does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth.

Charity bears all things, charity believes everything, charity has hope in all things and charity will endure all things. Charity never fails, man and his words will fail, and our own worldly wisdom will fail, but not Charity’s. We in our present state know as a babe compared to what we will know in the hereafter. We need to put away child like things and grow into manhood, be filled with Charity.

We must abide now with faith, hope and charity. Charity is the greatest of these because it glorifies both faith and hope. Love is the greatest of all human qualities and love is an attribute of GOD himself. Our faith and hope need to be aligned for us to understand charity and to be in the will of GOD. We need to remember, that Charity is the greatest of faith, hope and charity.

" Faith, Hope, and Charity, these three, yet is the greatest Charity! Father of lights, those gifts impart to mine and every human heart. Faith, that in prayer can never fail, Hope, that o'er doubting must prevail, and Charity, whose name above is God's own name, for God is love."

Timothy P. Furness