Word of the Day, March 21, 2017, Isaiah 12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 21, 2017

“ No praise can define You. No thought can contain You God. No other one is holy. No other one is robed in righteousness. God You are my God. Glorious, Glorious. God You are my God, Victorious, Victorious.”

Isaiah 12:1-6

1 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

I shared my testimony and story with a brother in Christ this past Sunday Evening, shocking him I am sure but all to GOD and His glory. As I was speaking to Him, I remembered all that GOD had done for my family and me during my time at Canaan. My time in the pit was a Blessing. Hallelujah!

I have written about Isaiah 12 before in my Word of the Day, but today I want to remember why these verses are and should be so important to me as a believer. This chapter of Isaiah came alive for me at Canaan. This morning this song played as I was writing the WOD from Vertical Church called “I’m Going Free” and as I sang this and I spoke the lyrics I again realized how good GOD has been to my family and me. I would like to share them with you today.

“ Go on and speak against my borrowed innocence. The judge is my defense, I'm going free. Right when the gavel fell, I heard the freedom bell. Ring through the heart of hell, I'm going free. I’m going free.

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, You threw my shackles in the sea. Glory, glory, Hallelujah, Jesus is my liberty. I'm going free.

I won't go back again, that's just not who I am. Lord, I'm a brand new man, I'm going free. I'm on a narrow road, it's paved with grace and hope. It's gonna lead me home, I'm going free. I'm going free.

I am free, I am free indeed. I am free, I am free indeed. We are free, free indeed. We are free, free indeed.

Someday I'll fly away on Your amazing grace. Your love is my jailbreak, I'm going free.”

Before I left Canaan, I tried to tell people how I felt. Most did not understand. I felt free for the first time in my life. I was in the most controlling place that I have been in my life and I felt free more than I have ever before. The floodgates were open between GOD and I. I finally had a real relationship of humbleness, the understanding and wisdom of fearing GOD, the meekness I needed to love Him as He loves me and to apply His Words into my mind and finally into my heart. I was in chains but I was free indeed! Hallelujah!

I became a brand new man and I desired to be narrow in my way, “ enter ye in at the strait gate: or wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14

I’ll fly away on Your Amazing grace; your love Father GOD was my jailbreak. You threw my shackles into the sea. Hallelujah!

This is my hymn of Praise. GOD, I have decided to praise Thee even though you were angry with me, you still comfortedst me. I place all my trust in You Father GOD. LORD Jehovah you are my strength, my song and have become my salvation. You are what brings joy to me, and I will call upon your name, Praise ye the LORD, Hallelujah and exalt your name on high and I will be singing praise of thanksgiving for all the excellent things you have done that is known in all the earth. I need to cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion, how great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of Thee. I shall tell the world of your salvation, grace and mercies. This is my triumphal Doxology of Praise to you Father GOD. I was a prisoner to my gods and through Christ; I am now a faithful servant to my GOD. Praise ye the LORD!

This chapter of Isaiah and this song are hymns of praise and worship. They both are a great description of the joy when Jesus Christ reigns over the earth and over my life. Even now I need to express my great gratitude to GOD by thanking Him, praising Him and telling everyone about Him. “Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, You threw my shackles in the sea. Glory, glory, Hallelujah, Jesus is my liberty. I am free.”

“ Are you hurting and broken within? Overwhelmed by the weight of your sin? Jesus is calling. Have you come to the end of yourself? Do you thirst for a drink from the well? Jesus is calling. O come to the altar. The Father's arms are open wide. Forgiveness was bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.”

Timothy P. Furness