Word of the Day, March 27, 2017, Psalm 97

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 27, 2017

“ Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love. Our God is an awesome God.”

Psalm 97:1-12

1 The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.

2 Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.

3 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.

4 His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.

8 Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.

9 For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Before I got filled with the Holy Spirit, I was one to tell you that the teachings of Christ Jesus were simple, that my religion would protect and save me. However, when I was baptized with the Holy Spirit, I found “clouds and darkness” round about me. What I learned as I came closer to my LORD and Saviour, I finally had my first insight into this aspect of what GOD is about.

The only way it was possible for me to understand the teaching of Jesus Christ is by the light of the Spirit of GOD on the inside. Once I was able to take off my religious sandals, the traditions, and the norm of our practicing of church that I finally was able to stand in His presence. I was flippant and I was familiar with my religion and I had never been truly introduced to Christ. I was in the darkness. Now that I have met the King of Kings, the LORD of Lords, the Great I am, the Lamb of GOD, the First and the Last I have seen the light of Christ.

Jesus said in John 6:63 “ the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.” The Word of GOD has been so many things and words to me, clouds and darkness and then all of a sudden Christ’s words became life and Spirit to me because Christ was finally in my life. GOD spoke to me through His Words. I did not have visions or dreams, but by and through His Words by reading and studying daily. By having a desire to grow closer, to walk in the Spirit and not in my flesh and to let His Words sink into my heart and to finally live them.

I had to realize that there was only one GOD and none of my gods were worth anything. I had to realize that GOD was exalted high above any of my gods in my life. I needed to be preserved and delivered out of the hands of my own wickedness. I needed Christ’s righteousness, His light that can only come from Him and to give GOD all the glory and to remember all of GOD’s holiness.

This is a quote from Oswald Chambers. “ When a man gets to GOD it is by the most simple way of GOD’s Words.” Does not get any simpler than that. Get into GOD’s Words.

“ Arise. Let the church arise. Let love reach to the other side. Alive come alive. Let the song arise.”

Timothy P. Furness

2. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Amen Tim. The Bible is not for everyone. It was written for Gods people. Without the Holy Spirit it is abused. The same Spirit that inspired the authors lives in us. Teaches and guides us. There was a time I literally thought I was crazy. Reading my Bible told me I wasn't. It wasn't until a pastor encouraged me to start reading Christian literature. I found mentors. Moody, Tozer, Augustine, Murray, Lawrence and many more. These men met God as well. Any man filled with the Spirit knows what I'm saying.

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Amen Brother. I have learned so much from other Godly men writing and counsel.