Word of the Day, March 28, 2017, Matthew 9:9-10

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 28, 2017

“ Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus, deeper than the mighty rolling sea; Higher than the mountain, sparkling like a fountain, All-sufficient grace for even me! Broader than the scope of my transgressions, greater far than all my sin and shame; Oh, magnify the precious Name of Jesus, Praise His Name!”

Matthew 9:9-10

9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Are we willing to touch people like Jesus did? New Testament is filled with examples of people that Jesus touched and came to know. Some reached out to Him but he reached out and touched them all, regardless of how great, rich or poor, filled with the devil, unknown, sinner or saint and young or old. Jesus led us by examples that no person is beyond the loving touch of Christ Jesus.

Here are a few examples: a despised tax collector, insane hermit, Roman Governor, a father and his young son, a prominent religious leader, a homemaker, an expert in religious law, a criminal, a synagogue leader, a fisherman, a King, two poor widows, a prophet and an adulterous woman.

Do any of these examples apply to us? Has Jesus touched us?

The list keeps going. The Jewish High Council, a sick woman, a rich man, a blind beggar, the Jewish political leaders, a group of women, The High Priest, an outcast with leprosy, gov’t officials, a young girl, a traitor, the helpless and paralyzed man, the angry mob, soldiers and guards, the woman from a foreign land, a doubting follower, the enemies that hated Him and the Samaritan woman.

I’ll ask again, do any of these examples apply to who we are? Jesus was willing to touch all of us no matter what if we were willing to accept Him. I’ll finish with this question. Are we willing to show anybody the loving touch of Christ no matter whom or what they are?

“ My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine; For Thee all the follies of sin I resign. My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.”

Timothy P. Furness