Word of the Day, March 29, 2017, Judges 6:11-14

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 29, 2017

“ He is the Alpha and Omega. The Beginning and the End. The Son of God, the King of Kings, Lord of lords, He's everything. Messiah, Jehovah. The Prince of Peace is He. The Son of Man, Seed of Abraham, Second Person in the Trinity.”

Judges 6:11-14

11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

14 And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

GOD can use anybody or anything to deliver His message. GOD even uses a donkey and a bush. In my reading today of #word365, I read again about GOD using Gideon.

GOD used Gideon to deliver the Israelites from Midianites. Gideon was a farmer, not a great warrior, nor a king, but a farmer. GOD promised the strength to Gideon that he needed to overcome the Midianites. Gideon was afraid and I believe I would be to if asked to do what GOD asked him. Guess what, GOD can use us too.

GOD used many common people or people that has made mistakes in their lives. Jacob, he was a deceiver and he was to father the Israelites nation. GOD used Joseph, a slave to save his family. Moses, a shepherd in exile and a murderer was chosen to lead Israel out of bondage into the promise land. He can even use me too.

GOD used Hannah to be the mother of Samuel. She was a stay at home mom. David, a shepherd boy and the last born of the family, an adulterer and a murder and he became Israel’s greatest King and a man after GOD’s own heart. Ezra, a scribe was to lead the return to Judah and even wrote some of the Bible. Esther a girl from the exiles of Judah was used by GOD to save her people from massacre. GOD can use you too.

GOD used a peasant girl to be the mother of Christ. Matthew was a tax collector who became an apostle and a gospel writer of the Word of GOD. Luke, a doctor was there as a companion to Paul and wrote the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts about the first churches. One of the most well known men of the Bible was a fisherman, Peter. He became an apostle, a leader of the early church and a writer of the New Testament letters. Paul, the most famous Christian, was used even though he ordered the death of Christians to become the writer of most of the New Testament and one of the greatest preacher man of all time. Are we willing to let GOD use us?

There are many more examples of GOD using people that were lost, sinners and just plain people that became great for the Kingdom of GOD. All of these people that GOD decided to use for His glory, carried on the Word of GOD for us to read, study and apply to our lives today. What great examples these people were. I want to be an example to people for GOD, a faithful servant for His kingdom.

We can be used also if we are willing to listen for the voice of GOD asking us to love our neighbors, to share the Word of GOD with people that are in need of the love from above. I am your servant. Please us me Father GOD for your glory.

“ Of this glorious unfolding. We will watch and SEE and we will be amazed. If we just keep on believing the story is so far from over and hold on to every promise God has made to us. We'll SEE the glorious unfolding.”

Timothy P. Furness