Word of the Day, March 5, 2018, Philippians 4:4-7

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 5, 2018

“ If I should speak then let it be of the grace that is greater than all my sin. Of when justice was served and where mercy wins. Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in to tell you my story is to tell of Him. This is my story this is my song praising my Savior all the day long.

Philippians 4:4-7

4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

These four verses that Paul writes to the Philippian church could be called The 7 Core Values of Christians. Paul writes these words inspired by the Holy Spirit telling us how to exhort GOD in everything we do.

First way is that we are to rejoice always. Paul tries to make sure we get it because he repeats it again. We are to and can show the power of the gospel and how it comforts us through Christ Jesus. We might ask ourselves are we rejoicing that Christ Jesus is our LORD and Saviour? I know my life is in the hands of a sovereign, wise and loving GOD. I need to remember that as a believer, my name is recorded in heaven and to be rejoicing always.

The second way is letting our moderation be known. Do we let people know the results of our joy in the Lord, our gentleness in the Lord, our forbearance in the Lord, our willingness to yield to our Lord, the sweetness of temper from our Lord be know unto all men?

The third way is to be careful for nothing. We are to have no distressing anxiety about anything with Christ. Remember, the Lord is at hand. Let our prayers be enjoined laying our case before Him and trusting GOD to do all things well for His will.

The fourth way is prayer and supplication with thanksgiving. If we want less anxiety, the answer is more prayer in every matter of our lives. We need to always have the attitude of thanksgiving no matter how our requests are answered. GOD provides.

The fifth way is the peace of GOD and understanding and always remembering the peace of GOD. This peace is mind freeing from worry and fear. A way to understand this peace which passeth all understanding is that peace that is divinely bestowed in our times of anxiety is the peace of GOD. It surpasses our own understanding of the problem and lets us see GOD’s answer for this problem.

For us to obtain this peace of GOD’s, we need to occupy our minds with the right things of GOD and to busy ourselves with the right activities of GOD’s work. We need to rejoice in this and to always remember this rejoicing in Christ.

“ I’m in Christ, now rejoicing—From old Adam I am free! All old things are becoming both new and heavenly! (Praise God!) I’m tasting and enjoying life and peace and liberty! Praise God! I’m in Christ eternally!”

Timothy P. Furness