Word of the Day, March 6, 2017, Deuteronomy 4:29-31

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 6, 2017

“ You're the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. You're the Master of the Universe. You're the Ruler of all Nations and we sing to You, sing to You. When You call my name, I'll run to You. I'll do anything You ask me to falling on my knees I worship You, my Lord. We give You GLORY.”

Deuteronomy 4:29-31

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

As I read and study the Word of GOD, why don’t I get it all the time? Why don’t I recall His Words He gave me? Why don’t I remember His promises to me? Why do I call upon myself to fix things and not lean on Him all the time? Why do I not trust Him all the time? Why do I pray if I don’t believe it will happen in GOD’s timeframe or His will? Why don’t I seek Him first? I could keep going with why questions, but I think you get the point. How about yourself? Do any of these questions apply to you today?

Sometimes when I read GOD’s Words, I get stuck on a verse and ponder it, stop and pray about, maybe even tears filled eyes and see how GOD can do anything. These 3 verses really caught my attention this morning in my #word365 reading.

Let me break these verses down for myself and hopefully you also. Sometimes as I write the WOD, I need to write them or preach them for myself first.

GOD uses Moses to write these words that if we seek the LORD, our GOD that we shall find Him. The next part of this verse says with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (What is the Heart and Soul? That is another WOD of the Day for sure). So do I seek Him half-heartedly? Do I seek Him with my soul or just my flesh?

One of the things that I learned in Canaan is that I needed to seek my LORD in the valley, on the mountaintop and even in the plains of life. I must seek Him always, no matter what is going on in my life. GOD promises us that if we are obedient to His Word and turn to Him, He will keep His promise to us.

Matthew 6:33: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This is a verse that many Christian quote that many misquote. The last part of this verse is what we all want. That if we just believe in GOD, He will give us all that we want. What we miss is that we must first seek Him and His kingdom and here is the hardest important part, His righteousness.

Verse 31 is what stopped me this morning, to seek Him, to pray to Him, to give Him all the Glory, to give Him all the praise He deserves and to thank Him for His mercies in my life. He is a merciful GOD, He promises that He will not forsake me, that He will not destroy me nor will He forget His promises to me.

Deuteronomy: 4:39-40: 39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. 40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

This is what we can rest in when we know Christ, when we obey His commandments and live for Him. We can KNOW therefore this day and everyday to come in our hearts that the LORD He is GOD in heaven, above and upon this earth and there is no one else but Him. His promise continues that even our children after me, that our days will be prolonged and He will give this to us forever. What an AWESOME GOD we serve!

Father GOD I come to you this day with a humble heart. I come asking that the Holy Spirit fills me with more trust in you and less of trust in me each day. LORD, I desire to seek you first each and every new day, that I seek your righteousness in my life, keeping me from sin and my flesh, filling me with a desire to more like you in my life, to show Christ to someone today and how to better trust you, how to Love You, how to Love People like you love me, how to Serve Others like you have shown me in your Words and to Tell Everyone about your promises, your mercies and your love towards me and I ask this all in your Son’s glorious name, Christ Jesus, my Lord and Saviour.

“ God, help me get away. Break the chains and set me free from the other side of me. I can't fight this fight alone. I'll never make it on my own. Lord Jesus, rescue me from my own worst enemy.”

Timothy P. Furness