Word of the Day, March 9, 2017, II Corinthians 4:5

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, March 9, 2017

“ Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war. With the cross of Jesus going on before. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane. But the cross of Jesus constant will remain.”

II Corinthians 4:5

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

When we think of people in the Bible beside Jesus, what is the first name that comes to your mind? For me, it is Paul. Paul was just a man, a sinner saved by grace. A life that truly became a new creature after meeting Jesus Christ.

Paul (Saul) gave orders to have Christians killed for their beliefs. He persecuted them, “ he made havoc of the church ” and also “ entering into every house and haling men and woman committed them to prison.”

Let me share some of Paul’s credentials after becoming a believer that he shares with the church of Corinth as he writes to them to take his advice seriously. It is advice that we too should take seriously. I would encourage you to take some time to read the whole Book of II Corinthians.

Paul was commissioned by GOD, acted in holiness, sincerity and his dependence on GOD alone in his dealings with all the churches. He was always straightforward and sincere in his letters and spoke truthfully to them. Paul had the Holy Spirit within him; he loved believers and spoke with Christ’s authority.

Paul did not give up in his pursuit of telling people about the changing power of Jesus Christ. Paul taught the scriptures with integrity and always had Christ at the center of his message. Paul certainly endured persecution as he taught the Good News of Christ. Paul was a true ambassador of Christ and believed he was called to tell the Good news to everyone that would listen.

Paul tried to live an exemplary life so others would see GOD in him and he led a pure life, understood the gospel, was full of the truth and filled with GOD’s power. Paul stood true to GOD first and always in his life. He never took advantage of anybody and never led anybody astray. He used GOD’s weapons, not his own for the work of GOD.

Paul was confident that he belonged to GOD, never boasting in himself but in the LORD. He had authority because he was teaching them the Word of GOD. Paul was persecuted, imprisoned, struck down, beaten with a rod, stoned, 40 stripes minus one, shipwrecked three times, scourgings, hungry, thirst, pain and danger as he traveled on his mission trips as he fulfilled his calling to service for the kingdom. Paul was blessed with an astounding vision and was able to live as an example of the love of Christ. Paul saw the purpose of his suffering as a means to mediate, manifest, and magnify the resurrection power of his Savior. Paul knew that no matter how much it hurt in the hear-and-now, it was nothing compared to the hope and healing that he would experience for eternity in the presence of his Savior.

Paul was always motivated to strengthen other spiritually and was always concerned that those that he taught would grow from “ milk “ believers to strong believers of the “ meat “ of Christianity. Paul was a teacher, a preacher man for GOD.

I believe that Paul was a “new creature” after his conversion as Born Again Christian. “ Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold, all things become new.”

Father GOD, I pray that I can be like Paul’s example of a changed man, saving a sinner like myself and changing me to become a new creature and to ALWAYS put You first in my life. To always giving you All the Glory and to Love GOD with all that I am, to have the heart to Love Others no matter who they are, to pray for and to have the humility to be willing to Serve Others and like Paul, to have the uncontrollable passion to Tell Everyone about the love, mercy and saving grace of Jesus Christ. Amen.

“ I’m a new creation, I’m a brand new man, old things passed away, I’ve been born again, more than a conqueror, that’s who I am. I’m a new creation, I’m a brand new man.”

Timothy P. Furness