Word of the Day, May 1, 2017, Ephesians 6:18

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, May 1, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, May 1, 2017

“ Sweet hour of prayer, Sweet hour of prayer. The joys I feel, the bliss I share. Of those whose anxious spirits burn with strong desires for Thy return. With such I hasten to the place where God, my Savior, shows His face and gladly take my station there, and wait for Thee, sweet hour of prayer. Sweet hour of prayer.”

Ephesians 6:18

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Happy May 1 to all this morning. Yesterday I was at another church with a Pastor that used to be the Chaplin at Northstar Christian Academy that is now the Pastor of a church in Elba New York. Pastor Haas has been on my prayer list since he moved to his new church.

As I drove up there yesterday praying for the service, His church and family I realized that I need to pray more for other Pastors and Missionaries that I know and do not even know.

As believers we need to keep the Saints in prayer. I need to pray for doors to open for them to reach the lost. Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Colossians 4:2.

I need to pray for their boldness in witnessing to the lost and to their flocks. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, Ephesians 6:19.

I need to pray that the Word of GOD will spread without any hindrance wherever they preach and share the Gospel. Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 Thessalonians 3:1.

I need to pray for their protection as they are on the mission field or leading a church here locally. And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 2 Thessalonians 3:2.

I need to pray for sound doctrine and their time in the Word daily. Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. Titus 1:9.

I need to pray for them to find strength in the LORD. They are the ones always encouraging their flocks and we need to encourage them with love and prayer that they find their strength in Christ and His Words. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 1 Samuel 30:6.

I need to pray that Pastors and Missionaries are filled with the Holy Ghost. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. Acts 4:31.

Father GOD I come to you lifting up my Pastor, his Family and as the leader of your church in prayer today. Place a hedge of protection around him today and everyday. I want to also pray for the missionaries that are throughout the world today that I know and don’t know also. Protect them Father GOD. I pray for my Pastor, the Missionaries that I know, fellow Pastors that I know that you give them time of quietness in your Word today that they may encourage themselves in the LORD their GOD. I lift them up to you Lord that they may boldly proclaim your saving grace to the world. I pray for their protection whether it is driving across town to visit the sick in a hospital or in the bush of the jungles or in a country that does not want the Word of GOD preached. As these Men of GOD preach, let them make know the mysteries of the Gospel to those they are preaching to. Oh Father GOD, I love these preachers, their family that are serving you today. I lift them up to your today in your son’s name, Christ Jesus. Amen.

“ My faith looks up to Thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior divine! Now hear me while I pray; Take all my guilt away. Oh let me from this day be wholly Thine! ”

Timothy P. Furness