Word of the Day, May 2, 2017, Proverbs 22:6

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, May 2, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, May 2, 2017

“ There's a place where sin and shame are powerless. Where my heart has peace with God and forgiveness. Where all the love I've ever found. Comes like a flood, comes flowing down at the cross.”

Proverbs 22:6

6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

So this morning’s question for you and me as parents is how are we doing with raising them. I personally make to many mistakes with my girls as a Father. However, I have tried to raise them as believers of Christ Jesus.

Here are a few quotes that I thought were good advice.

“ If we don’t teach our children to follow Christ, the world will teach them not to.” Unknown Author

“ The best learning I had came from teaching.” Corrie Ten Boom

“ Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.” Unknown Author

“ Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” Bob Talbert

I tell my girls to stay as far away from the world as they can and as parents we try to teach them this. As a parent that has made a lot of mistakes myself, I often try to share with them my mistakes and how we can both learn from them and pray they do not make the same mistakes themselves. I try to show them Christ in me and to teach them what is important as followers of Jesus Christ.

Here are some quotes from GOD’s Words.

Matthew 19:13-15: 13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Deuteronomy 4:9-10: 9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons; 10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

Deuteronomy 6:5-7: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deuteronomy 11:19: 19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

1 Timothy 4:10-11: 10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11 These things command and teach.

I’ll finish with this. As parents we need to be praying for our children, that they seek GOD daily, praying for their future, their future spouse and their choices be of the LORD and not of their own. We need to read and teach the gospel with them and to guide them to read and study themselves daily. We need to lead by example, showing them that we believe and act and walk as believers of Christ Jesus in everything we do, being led by the Holy Spirit and not of our flesh. As parents, we need not be a stumblingblock to our children. Remember, they are always watching us, looking for love, advice and guidance.

So today, love up your children, pray with them, read the Word of GOD with them and lead by example to teach them how to Love GOD, to Love People, how to Serve Others and to Tell Everyone about the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Reach out to them today.

“ God is still on the throne, and He will remember His own; Tho’ trials may press us and burdens distress us, He never will leave us alone;
    God is still on the throne, He never forsaketh His own; His promise is true, He will not forget you, God is still on the throne.”

Timothy P. Furness