Word of the Day, May 25, 2017, Acts 4:12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, May 25, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, May 25, 2017

" I am free, I'm forgiven by Your work at Calvary. You gave me a life worth living. Now the chains are broken, chains are broken. I am saved by grace. Love abounding, mercy found me. I am saved by grace and I have life and it's only by Your grace. It's only by Your grace.”

Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I have spent the last few weeks on the road and got the chance to share what Christ Jesus has done for me, how He has changed my life, how GOD has forgiven me of ALL my sins and promised me life eternal with Him. Most of the questions or comments are why do I need to be saved, what about being a good person or is there really a GOD?

I wrote this Word of the Day August 14, 2013 and wanted to repost today for those that may not know Jesus as their personal LORD and Saviour or for other believers in Christ to share with someone that they know that is seeking something or needs Christ in their life.

I have had many people ask me about being saved. What does it mean to be saved? How do I get saved? What is being born again? We can do nothing for your great salvation and eternal life except to accept Jesus Christ as your personal LORD and Saviour. Not by works, church membership, giving money, joining the choir, working Sunday school, nor helping the poor or those in need. All good things, but they will not work if you want to be heavenly bound. We need to accept that we are sinners, all of us. Today I am going to let the Word of GOD speak.

Romans 3:23-24: “ For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD; Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”

Romans 5:8-9: “ But GOD commendeth His love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

Romans 5:12: “ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into he world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”

Romans 6:23: “ For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our LORD.”

Romans 10:9-10: “ That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Romans 10:13: “ For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9: “ For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourself: it is the gift of GOD. Not of works, lest an man should boast.”

John 3:7: “ Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

1 Peter 1:23: “ Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible, by the word of GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

II Corinthians 5:17: “ Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

Titus 3:5: “ Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.”

John 3:3: “ Verily, Verily, I say unto thee. Except a man be born again, he can not see the kingdom of GOD.”

I hope that you are getting the point if you do not know Jesus as your LORD and Saviour. It is not about anybody else but yourself and Jesus. No Pastors, No Bishops, No Pope, Not even if you are a Baptist or a Catholic, Methodist or Pentecostal or any other religion, how nice you are, your works or money, your time or talents but about accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

We are commanded to tell the world about the blood of Christ sacrificed for our sins and His gift of salvation.

The first step is to REPENT. We need to ask for GOD’s mercy and forgiveness and become a new man or woman. Give up our past, our old life style filled with sin that has separated us from GOD.

The next step is to truly BELIEVE. We must believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sin and that He rose again from the dead and that He is alive today.

The third step is to CONFESS that Jesus is our Saviour. That GOD is our Father and we have now become His children.

You can make sure that you are right with GOD by turning to Him and praying this prayer.

GOD, I am a sinner in need of a Saviour, I REPENT, and I ask you to forgive me of all my sins. I BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is your son, that He shed His blood so that I might be forgiven, that He rose again from the dead, and He is coming back again. I CONFESS Him now my Saviour. I come to you laying everything at your feet Lord. Amen.

This is just the beginning of your new life as a Christian. Seek a Bible preaching church, a mentor in the Word and remember that the old things are passed away and that all things become new.

For us believers, we need to share this with everyone that we can. Remember, we were commanded to. It truly hurts me when someone dies and they do not know Christ and based upon the Word of GOD they will spend eternity in the lake of fire. Love thy neighbor and share the Word of GOD with them today.

“ Today I found myself after searching all these years and the man that I saw, he wasn't at all who I thought he'd be. I was lost when you found me here and I was broken beyond repair. Then you came along and you sang your song over me. It feels like I'm born again. It feels like I'm living. For the very first time. For the very first time, in my life.”

Timothy P. Furness